RELEASED Bulbaswat's Pokemon Pet Mods (And Others)

Discussion in 'Pets/Horses' started by bulbaswat, Mar 22, 2016.

Tags:
?

Quality or Quantity?

Poll closed Apr 2, 2016.
  1. Quality

29 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Quantity

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Zatavey

Zatavey Void-Bound Voyager

wow... I'm stunned in first sight clicking to see big pics of your hard work!

The sprites are very cute and it fills me with joy ><~~
    I'm downloading it now, can't wait to see it in game
    Thanks so much and good night! (I'm very delay, I guess lol)

bulbaswat likes this.
    • Zatavey

You make my day. This is perfect for me ><~

bulbaswat likes this.
      • bulbaswat

bulbaswat Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Glad to hear it! It was a labour of love for me. When I first had the idea to try and splice them, I really thought they looked adorable in my head and decided I had to try and make it a reality. I'm proud of how they turned out myself, and I'm now considering doing more things like that in the future.

• Zatavey

I'm falling in love with it. >////< <3
          Gonna following your work from today onward!

bulbaswat likes this.
          • bulbaswat

Just added Umbreon. I was doing it for another idea I had, and decided to make the rest of it as well. Will post later about the success or failure of my idea.
            dog - Umbreon.png

• Faythe

Faythe Pangalactic Porcupine

BTW I just wanted to thank bublaswat for the effort he made to combine both of the cursor files for me. I know it's a bit late just been busy.

bulbaswat likes this.
              • bulbaswat

Oh it's no problem :)
                The cursors file is difficult to work with on that kinda thing, since when it gets extracted it messes up a lot of things in the png. I already have the clean png's for each icon I make because I always keep a backup of my work when I make these things, so it was actually a lot easier for me to do than it likely would have been for you to do. Besides, I like keeping myself busy!

Edit: Just added a Houndoom cry to the download folder for the Houndour splice download folder. It just occurred to me people might want that for it. Don't know why I didn't think of it sooner.

Another Edit: Added a section for some minor side projects I did that felt too small for me to make another thread just for them.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
                • bulbaswat

My project is done! I've finished the Umbreon + Absol splices I wanted to do, and they are now posted under the umbreon download!

I spent a day and a half about working on these, and I'm pleased with the result. I hope you will be as well!
                  upload_2016-4-7_18-25-29.png upload_2016-4-7_18-26-0.png

Let me know what you think, and if there are any problems, or improvements I could make! :)

Edit: Also, my friend thinks I need to take a break to actually play Stardew Valley, instead of just modding it. I've definitely spent more time making mods for it now than actually playing the game, and I've just spent two days straight working on mods for practically the whole day. But I'm only gonna take a break for a day, I've got too many ideas I want to do to just drop it for too long!

Last edited: Apr 8, 2016
                  • kitten44

kitten44 Intergalactic Tourist

wow these are amazing i love houndour and umbreon but could someone make a skitty for the cat :3 i would myself but have no clue how to mod anything

• bulbaswat

Actually, someone else already has. They posted it on the nexus and made a post to get it added to the list I have linked in the OP, but the list hasn't been updated to include it yet it seems. Here's a link to it on the nexus. If you want an icon and cry to go with it like I usually do, I can ask them if they would either be willing to make it or if they would allow me to make it.

• Zatavey

Absol <3
                        Another lovely one from you ><~~

bulbaswat likes this.
                        • urbanhatter

urbanhatter Void-Bound Voyager

Wow this is amazing, Ever considered doing the rest of the farm animals or a Girafarig horse replacer one thing I'd know I'd love to see is a Goodra replacer for the dog or cat.

• bulbaswat

I too would love Goodra pet, but there are two problems that have prevented me from pursuing it. 1. It has no sprites of the type I need. 2. Even if it did have sprites, I believe Goodra would almost assuredly be too large for it. I have considered doing Goomy, or perhaps Sliggoo even as suitable replacements, but problem one still remains. I was able to find one instance of goomy sprites that would have had a chance at working, however I decided they were not of, to be brutally honest, decent quality even. So this has lead me to my current venture, learning to make sprites for myself, so that I may one day make my own Goomy sprites for me to use for a Goomy mod. This is my current goal. Once I have achieved this, I believe I will be able to do even more of my ideas, and do them in a better quality as well.

So yes, that would be my "master plan."

As for a Girafarig horse mod, I don't see myself doing that. I don't think my current method of doing things would work well for horse mods for the most part, and it doesn't help that I have no personal interest in Girafarig myself, and when that's the case I have more difficulty getting motivated to do it I'm afraid. Perhaps one day after my previously mentioned goal is accomplished, then I could try it, but not til then, as I just don't want to mess with the horse sprites right now. (the fact that it's not a pokemon I like is only a minor contributor to this. It's just sort of a cherry on top of all the other issues I have with it, so to speak.)

On the subject of other farm animals, those are less likely for me to do, because most of the ones I can think of that would work well for anything have already been done, for example the ones listed in the thread I linked in the OP. If I do come up with a unique idea for such a thing, or someone suggests something that catches my interest, I'm likely to pursue it then. At the moment I'm looking into a bulbasaur dino replacer now that I have a new idea to try for it. I will post more on that if it comes into fruition.

Edit: Sorry I went on so long there. I have a tendency to ramble.

• bulbaswat

Just added a new mod to side projects. This one's a more modern tileset for the bathhouse, as requested by swpau here on the forums. The sprites are belong to them, not me. I also added a preview to the Pokedew valley mod also under side projects.

On a different note, I feel like I'm making progress on spriting. Yesterday I made a devamp of the gen 3 sprites for umbreon, minun, and poochyena to give them a gen 2 style, and revamped the gen 2 umbreon sprite to gen 3 style. If anyone is interested in seeing them to get an idea of how I'm progressing, let me know. With these I'm trying to get a better understanding of shading and light mostly.

Zatavey likes this.
                              • bulbaswat

Just added a devamped version of my Poochyena mod as an alternate download under the normal one, along with some icons to match it.

If you don't know what a devamp is, I described it in the blurb for Poochyena, so if you don't feel like googling it, you can check there for my description of it.

If you want to see another pokemon in gen 2 style, let me know and I might look into doing it. It doesn't seem to work well with all pokemon, particularly ones like houndour where the main colour is actually black, but it seems to work fine on some.

Let me know what you think of it as well, because I really could use some feedback on this.

• taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

bulbacutie, whaat whatttt

;3

idk much about pokemon anymore...i feel really old, last one i played was the reboot of gold and sliver.
                                  Ahhhh could you do all the eevee evolutions and their shininess if you want to?
                                  [I cried when Pikachu cried in the first movie, I was eight]

• bulbaswat

I could definitely look into doing the eevee evolutions. Eevee is one of my favourites, I just did Umbreon first because he is my fave of the evolved ones. That, and it's body was practically perfect for me to splice together an Absol for my friend.

I don't know about doing Eevee itself though. When I looked at the sprites I got for it, I found out it jumps around like many quadrupedal basic pokemon do, so I don't know how I'd do the walking animations for it. I got around that with Poochyena because it had a sprite that would be believable as a mid-jump sprite to go between takeoff and landing, but I don't think Eevee has something like that sadly.

I'm not sure about doing flareon though, because someone already made a flareon mod with what I'm pretty sure was there own sprites, because they didn't look mystery dungeon style. If it's okay with them though I wouldn't mind doing one that matches the rest of my stuff.

I've been with pokemon since around the time Ruby and Sapphire were released, with Sapphire being I'm pretty sure the first one I played. As a result I have massive amount of nostalgia for that generation, though I have stuck with it ever since, and I've played at least one main series game from each generation.

• taintedwheat

GBA yo! Those were fun and set the tone for the ones on-going after that.
                                      Oh.. Yeah, the jumping thing could be kind of annoying to create with so few space on the tile sheet to get any elaborate animating going on.

If I read correctly you put sounds with your pokemon? that's pretty cool do you think you could help me do something like that, whenever you have time? I want pug noises for the cat (i'm using the cat as a second dog)

• bulbaswat

Sure, that shouldn't be too difficult if I can remember what I did to get the setup going originally. Or if you want I can just do it for you, whichever you prefer. It really comes down to the whole "teach a man to fish" thing; do you want just this done, or do you want the ability to do this yourself. Though I would need you to provide the audio files for the pug noises, and I can only change two of the barking sounds the dog makes right now, as I don't know the filenames for the other(s). I know that besides the two dog sounds I have identified, there is at least one more, a panting sound I think.

If I'm lucky, and the current trend continues, then the other pet sounds should be close to the ones I already know of, so I think I'll go ahead and check those real quick to see if I can recognize them as dog or cat sounds.

Edit: On a side note, just tried the HGSS overworld sprites for Bulbasaur, and sadly even those are too big.

Another Edit: Woops, sorry about that. I'm kind of out of it right now, and it seems I completely forgot you said cat, not dog.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2016
                                        • taintedwheat

I want to keep the dog noises, but get rid of the cat ones; here's the ridiculousness of pug noises any would fit (the snortier the better though xD) xD
                                          http://www.soundsnap.com/tags/pug
                                          I'd like to learn how to fish, but I'm also like trying to learn other types of "fishing" and stupid school too D: