Building/Ship Building tips

Discussion in 'Screenshots' started by BroHaven, Aug 5, 2016.

1. BroHaven

BroHaven Poptop Tamer

Hey everyone! I've been currently building a small little house and was wondering on some ideas to help make it look a little bit better, any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Attached Files:

2. TheFloranChef

TheFloranChef Giant Laser Beams

It looks good. You could leave the house as it is and add other structures nearby because you'll need more space for crafting and furniture.

BroHaven likes this.
  3. Sirrobert

Sirrobert Big Damn Hero

The trap lots of people fall into is making their buildings completely symmetrical. Try to add some a-symmetric elements.

BroHaven likes this.
  4. SivCorp

SivCorp Parsec Taste Tester

BroHaven likes this.
  5. BroHaven

BroHaven Poptop Tamer

Thanks guys! The advice is really helpful! I'll Defiantly add more structures and add some a-symmetric elements like a tower perhaps.. Also thanks for the guide! Its super helpful :D

6. MindExplorer

MindExplorer Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You could add a small balcony to the left or right of the top floor. You've already got the right height of 5 blocks for a door between floor and roof. ;)

7. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

Looks pretty good to me, although one thing I do notice is the underside of the roofs kind of blend in with the topside. Granted for it being of planks, but what I would suggest is maybe adding or replacing the bottom blocks on the inside with another material to act like a contrast or support that goes along with the wooden vertical beams. Platform maybe or just something simple like thatch support blocks or just something to make look like there are cross beams that run to each of the existing beams or along the underside of the roof.

I apologize for the run-on sentence. ><

But other than that it looks fine, and yes maybe some asymmetry; but that can be done with new housing around it like others suggested. To have solid roofs like that kind of make it blend a little much, as in tricky for to determine where it begins outside and where it ends inside; thickness-wise. Reason I suggested an underside block or replacing the underside block that is inside. The roof that is.

Really like what you did with the stonework.:nuruhappy: