Building dedicated to machines?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by schizmo, Jul 3, 2016.

1. schizmo

schizmo Seal Broken

I love being able to use furnaces, crystalariums, wine barrels, etc, and I currently have several of each running constantly. The problem is they clutter up my house and I don't want to just stick a bunch of them outside because that space is better reserved for crops and such. I think a Machine Shop type building or some similar large, empty building (like the barn where it is larger on the inside) that could be dedicated to the use of machines/chests would be nice because it could be a convenient place to keep everything from cluttering up the house or field. I'm planning on just using a second Barn or Chicken Coop for now, but it seems like a missed opportunity to not have a large empty building dedicated to resource production or storage.

ssokolow likes this.
    • Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

Workshop space has been confirmed by CA as being added in 1.1. Currently the best option is, as you already figured out, to use an empty coop or barn as a workshop. (I also use some of the cave space for this.)

• CjBeats

CjBeats Weight of the Sky

I think CA said we're getting like a shed type building in 1.1 that you can do whatever you want with

• schizmo

schizmo Seal Broken

I actually checked the developer blog and saw the plan to add Sheds and felt kind of silly for making this post, but at least it re-affirms the suggestion as being valid ;)

CjBeats likes this.
          • deukahng

deukahng Big Damn Hero

No way, he's implementing this?? So excited! I need ma keg room! :chrono: I'm running out of barns lol.