1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Build Your Own ship/ Sandbox Ship[Dead]

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by Rik, Dec 8, 2013.

1. jjmchammer

jjmchammer Void-Bound Voyager

how do you use someone elses ship where do you put it? plz help

2. AlfieSR

AlfieSR Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I have a backup of my ship, I don't suppose there's going to be a way to fix them rather than having to rebuild them?

3. Xren

Xren Pangalactic Porcupine

does it work on angry koala?

4. Old_Crazy_Gamer

Old_Crazy_Gamer Pangalactic Porcupine

@jjmchammer , you put the .shipworld file in /starbound/player folder. You will have to change the ID of the .shipworld to your ID to use. Its just what you did originally with the mod.

Otherwise a great mod to use instead of the plain vanilla flavor one. Plan on using the Creative Mode Mod with it to get what i need for it and all.

Merry Christmas All.

5. jjmchammer

jjmchammer Void-Bound Voyager

@Old_Crazy_Gamer I did that but it doesnt work i cant break my ship and if I use smone elses ship it gives me the default one

6. Old_Crazy_Gamer

@jjmchammer Well I tried it out myself and got the vanilla flavored ship. Surprised it did not crash or anything bad when I tried it out. Oh well all i can say is just be patient and wait for the the mod's creator to come back and update it.

Wish the Dev's would implement this as a part of Starbound. Would make playing this game a bit more enjoyable.

Slipgate, DaveyPlant and KBBlackFox like this.
  7. lordlimp

lordlimp Scruffy Nerf-Herder

hmmm would this work with a mod for a race that has its own ship? or no? D: cus i wanna use it on the ponex mod but idk lol

8. Old_Crazy_Gamer

@lordlimp Good question, i wonder what how mods do priority when dealing with a mod that gives one or more of the same attributes.

9. Divinux

Divinux Scruffy Nerf-Herder

A race ship mod creates a shipworld file when you create a new character. This mod then overwrites that file. This is one of the advantages we get from the author offering a .shipworld instead of a .structure.

10. Old_Crazy_Gamer

@Divinux Thank you for clearing that up, appreciate it. :)

Divinux likes this.
  11. imasu

imasu Void-Bound Voyager

he'll have a nice time when i comes back i just looked at the savefiles in hex editor that whole layout changed

Divinux likes this.
  12. Divinux

I assume he will just make a new save file, then clear it out like he did before instead of editing the last mod.
    I suggest he installs a modded pick for clearing though, I just remember he said the longest part was clearing the background ;D

13. imasu

imasu Void-Bound Voyager

well the backbround is kinda easy .... ther's a ref to the file location of the background it
    ships/[race]/shipship.png

i'm kinda hoping he'll fix it up soon i love this "mod" (aka file edit)

14. Syphist

Syphist Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It's too bad this can't be updated for a while. Oh well, I guess it gives me an excuse to work on my mod.

15. lordlimp

so it replaces the shipworld file from the basic classes/races already in the game? but not in mods?.. god i wish i knew how to code now lol :rofl:

16. Divinux

Whenever you create a character, that character gets a "copy" of the given race's ship. That "copy" is overwritten by this mod, without damaging the initial "blueprint". This means every character you install without overwriting with this mod will still keep the original race ship.

17. lordlimp

oh, derp i think i get it lol :p i do wish i cud like screw with the ship from my ponex character either i didnt install the mod right or i just cant at least not yet idk lol srry if i sound like a blithering idiot lol i got no exp. in coding whatsoever lol :rofl:

18. AnotherOldGamer

AnotherOldGamer Poptop Tamer

Old_Crazy_Gamer, Syphist and imasu like this.
  19. I Am a Secret Wizard

I Am a Secret Wizard Astral Cartographer

Anyone willing to post Angry Koala era custom ships to patch my own?

20. I Am a Secret Wizard

I Am a Secret Wizard Astral Cartographer

skulledrebel and Divinux like this.