1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Bugs on new update?

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by RylieGirl1991, Dec 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RylieGirl1991

RylieGirl1991 Space Hobo

I'm not good at this computer stuff. I just enjoy a good game or two. Been playing starbound for many years and when this last update happened, all of my items and weapons are now a green perfect block. I can't use it, I can't equip it. I'm sure all the items that are like this are items from high level planets. I don't know what to do. Any advice is great!

2. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

Were these modded items?
    Because if you were playing recently - most of the items should have remained intact.
    But there is no way to return a generic item back to its original state.

3. RylieGirl1991

RylieGirl1991 Space Hobo

Nothing was modded. Like I said, I'm not too good with these computer programing stuff. I cant even get skins without paying for them on Minecraft. I had a friend who illegally downloaded the game and shared it with me many years ago. About a year ago, I got a new computer and what nots and decided to buy the game instead to support the company and to get added updates like volcanic planets and new missions. My mouse broke about 6 months ago and I got wrapped up in some other activities. As an early xmas gift I got a new mouse and tried to play again. It did an update that took about 2 hours. It seems like it set me back to old missions like I never progressed. Mission achievements kept popping up, ten maybe and that was when I discovered the green blocks in my inventory. I created a new character, but kept the old one with all of my findings and pixels just in case we can figure something out. Thanks for getting back to me. Let me know if this helps narrow down the problem. When I get home from work, I can probably take a picture of the matter blocks to get a better idea

4. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Sounds like you tried to jump too many versions. The version you had before buying it is really really old and the game has changed a LOT since then. There is nothing you can do, and its best you start over anyway.

5. RylieGirl1991

RylieGirl1991 Space Hobo

The older version was on my old computer. It fried so I bought a new one designed for gaming. I never downloaded the old version onto the new computer. Thanks for the reply. If theres anything else you can think of, let me know[DOUBLEPOST=1450746586][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Nothing was modded. Like I said, I'm not too good with these computer programing stuff. I cant even get skins without paying for them on Minecraft. I had a friend who illegally downloaded the game and shared it with me many years ago. About a year ago, I got a new computer and what nots and decided to buy the game instead to support the company and to get added updates like volcanic planets and new missions. My mouse broke about 6 months ago and I got wrapped up in some other activities. As an early xmas gift I got a new mouse and tried to play again. It did an update that took about 2 hours. It seems like it set me back to old missions like I never progressed. Mission achievements kept popping up, ten maybe and that was when I discovered the green blocks in my inventory. I created a new character, but kept the old one with all of my findings and pixels just in case we can figure something out. Thanks for getting back to me. Let me know if this helps narrow down the problem. When I get home from work, I can probably take a picture of the matter blocks to get a better idea

6. The | Suit

There really isn't an issue - if you are saying the character is from 6 months+ ago.
    The items have been overhauled quite a bit since then. Many items are not going to contain accurate references to modern assets.
    As long as the game is still in development this will be a common issue.

Boshed likes this.
  7. RylieGirl1991

RylieGirl1991 Space Hobo

So all of my weapons and items I collected over a period of time is unusable now?

8. The | Suit

Essentially yes - as new features get added. The old are tossed aside.
    Otherwise we would never have progress if you stick to the past.

Now that the combat update is out - it is unlikely any major overhauls to weapons \ armor will be coming anymore.
    So there isn't much chance of another major overhaul and loss of equipment expected.

Though the next update focuses on quests - so it is highly likely quest wise you will end up getting a reset.

lazarus78 likes this.
  9. RylieGirl1991

RylieGirl1991 Space Hobo

That makes a lot of sense with the update. Just sucks that it happened to me. My husband updated his starbound (stopped played same amount of time as me) and all of his things are perfectly intact. He does need to redo all of the quests but when you have armor and weapons that will kill things in one hit, he will breeze through quickly. We cant set up a server so he cant share his items with me which would be sooo awesome. But if it cant be helped, then it cant be helped. I appreciate you letting me know how this worked. I still love the game and I have no intention on stopping. Thank you.

10. The | Suit

11. RylieGirl1991

RylieGirl1991 Space Hobo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.