1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug weird

Discussion in 'Support' started by silasdom, Jan 27, 2020.

Tags:
  1. silasdom

silasdom Space Hobo

could someone answer me a question, i downloaded stardew valley, but at the time of starting, the game screen is big, a part is cut off, even with me removing from fullscren, the game basically occupies 75% of the screen and I can't interact with the rest, nothing appears in the gameplay itself the rest of the screen is black, it only appears in the menu, but also buggy
    I already took full screen, but nothing resolves. :(

Look guys, help me :/

https://prnt.sc/qtp2js

Last edited: Jan 27, 2020
    • ThorfinnS

ThorfinnS Orbital Explorer

Where did you download it from? GOG's version has properly detected the three different resolutions on our computers. I can't speak to Steam's version, but it would surprise me if that's the case. I'd suggest you post to the tech support wherever you bought the game.

• Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

I know that Steam has a refund policy within a few hours of gameplay. Regardless, you should check with the source you purchased it from to find out. That's a good idea in general, since so many indie game designers have recently entered the PC market (which is *not* a slam at ConcernedApe).

Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
        • silasdom

silasdom Space Hobo

I bought it through steam, but I don't want to ask for a refund, because I really want to play.

• ThorfinnS

ThorfinnS Orbital Explorer

You don't have to ask for a refund. I'm sure they would rather you get it running and they keep their money rather than giving it back to you.

Looks to me as though you have problems with video card driver, though. You have a goofy aspect ratio. If you aren't interested in having Steam help you, you could check to see if your video card has an updated driver. And that's probably the first thing Steam will ask you to check, anyway.

What are you running? Windows 8.0? Been a while, but I don't recall Win 8.1 notification looking quite like that. Or maybe that's just the goofy resolution.

[EDIT]
            Had another thought. You do know that Windows programs are not portable, right? You can't run an on-line install on your laptop on some public wifi, go home and copy the program over to your desktop. The install is setting hardware specific values to keys in the registry, and unless your laptop has the same hardware configuration as your desktop, it's going to do something very like what you are seeing. If you are lucky.

You have to run the install on any computer you want the program on.
            [/EDIT]

Last edited: Feb 2, 2020
            • endly

endly Void-Bound Voyager

how about running it in compatibility mode? just a thought.

• Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Moved to Stardew Valley Support.