1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Thread Risk of Rain 1.0.0

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vizjun, Nov 8, 2013.

1. Themuttonpin

Themuttonpin Space Hobo

Is the game giving me a blue screen twice a bug?

• Felonious

Felonious Existential Complex

Alright so... I had to run some tests before I decided the longevity of this bug... but it seems to be sticking around.

This is ten seconds into the game.

2013-11-15_00006.jpg

This is 1:00 or so into the game.

2013-11-15_00009.jpg

The effects of the bug are essentially this. By 1:10, the difficulty bar is full (though instead of saying HAHAHAHAHA, it just says I SEE YOU, or I'M COMING FOR YOU.) However, despite the expectation of being swiftly and unconditionally destroyed, the opposite happens. The game behaves as though I am on Very Easy, always. Except with boss spawns (It isn't uncommon to get 2 Magma Worms and an Overloading Magma Worm in the first and second boss spawn). Prices do not increase, enemy health and damage do not increase.

I'm not sure why...

And it may have been mentioned, but anytime I stack the Chargefield Generator more than once, it stops working at all.

• meow247

meow247 Pangalactic Porcupine

check you pref file. at the bottom there's;
        [Gameplay]
        diff_level=3

make sure your difficulty level isnt on a crazy high number

Felonious likes this.
        • Felonious

That was indeed the issue, thanks. Not sure HOW it managed to get to 71. But it sure did.

• blurryhunter

blurryhunter Astral Cartographer

Bug with the Commando's second achievement in multiplayer.

I was playing with my brother who was Engineer. He had essentially tanked the entire attempt for me, taking every hit and then some. When we got to the third level, I took a hit, activated the platform anyway (I was in denial lol), and he got the achievement. I, of course, did not, but my brother, playing Engineer and having been hit dozens of times, got the achievement.

He'd never even attempted the achievement before.

• blurryhunter

blurryhunter Astral Cartographer

Just noticed another bug. Apparently after getting a second Chargefield Generator, the effect stops working entirely. No aura on kills, nothing.

I noticed it right after picking up a second and the effect I had going from the first one wore off. After that, all kills gave no effect.

My brother noticed something similar with critical hits (may need confirming), but after picking up enough crit items his critical hits suddenly came back.

• Nerfed

Nerfed Void-Bound Voyager

If you acquire multiple of the generator item (creates electric field around player after killing an enemy), it stops working entirely.

There may be more items that break when stacked.

• mrdante1287

mrdante1287 Space Hobo

i ended up playing the game on drizzle for 4 hours and never got to the last level hows that fer a damn bug...fuck this game. wish i never backed it

• meow247

you didnt press Q yer dingus

• mrdante1287

mrdante1287 Space Hobo

uummmm q is just the item swap..hows that gona help me beat the game?

• meow247

learn2read the text that pops up when you're on the portal

• Felonious

As already stated, q is what you have to press when standing before one of the big teleporters (any teleporter from and after the Temple of the Elders). Pressing Q will take you out of the eternal cycle and to the final level.

• PawDK

PawDK Space Hobo

i'm very sorry if i'm bringing up things that have already been posted.
                            I have 2 (3 if you count the no sound bug)
                            1. Jard of souls and happy mask, ghosts confuse drones, and make them attack the ghosts. The ghosts also confuse the mob arrow at the end of the level
                            2. the item log doesn't update when new items are found
                            there is also the thing of when you trigger the final portal, having the "use" button to be, revisit stages, and the "swap" key to be the, final stage, trigger

• So pro

So pro Space Hobo

• needsomemiracle

needsomemiracle Scruffy Nerf-Herder

• Crown

Crown Space Hobo

Hey there! I've spent my whole night trying to unlock the sniper 10 consec kills with 1 hit. But it just doesn't unlock for me. I've tried doing it on every difficulty and on different stages as well. It just does not happen. I'm just gonna give it the benefit of doubt that I might not be doing something right but.

Things i've tried:
                              1. First time I attempted it I read somewhere you can hit other enemies as long as your bullet kills at least one. That didn't work
                              2. I only targeted single enemies and one shot them each.
                              3. I tried not to fire stray bullets into the air while doing it. (cos sometimes I miss the white bar on the reload and it bugs me)
                              4. I tried it on all 3 difficulties.
                              5. I've tried doing it on different stages thinking maybe I cant unlock it on the 1st stage.

So is there something I'm not doing right?

• meow247

try killing 10 enemies at once. - group up 10 lemurians and shoot

• JennShii

JennShii Pangalactic Porcupine

Hello. I got this crazy hilarious bug. I don't think there's any way it can be helped other than shutting down the game, but I just thought I'd share my current (as in the game is still open as I type) bug experience with Risk of Rain. My friend and I (he is host) are currently playing dual engineers and I've decided to collect every drone I see. While playing, one of my early-game heal drones died. It only costed $600 so I picked it up. Somehow, approximately 1000 healer drones flew up from the ground and the game at low graphics settings was at the time running at 20 frames per second. We were right about to go to the final stage. We went on while laughing at the cloud of seemingly useless drone clones. It turned out that they weren't useless, they were real, and they are completely bugged. While fighting the boss, one of them died. Foolishly I picked it up and my ears were raped by the loudest mash of "you-cant-afford-this-item" sounds, and another 1000 or something healing drones spawned dropping us to 1 frame per second. As I'm typing this right now, my game is open on my left monitor where I'm standing there and my drones are doing (in real time) about 2000 damage per minute to the boss. With fraps, I just recorded some of it for your enjoyment. Soon I'll upload it to Youtube.

• ipsum

ipsum Twenty-three is number one

The only reason I can imagine people are updating this thread is because they never bothered to upgrade to 1.0.1. The devs are done correcting bugs for this version, guys.

• Degu

Degu Yeah, You!

Hello! Not sure if this has been reported yet but since the update I've just entered SP mode and seen empty space appearing around avatars, thought perhaps it might be a minor mistake.

[​IMG]