1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Thread: 0.30.1.3

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pastuleio, May 13, 2013.

1. Myth

Myth Space Penguin Leader

Fixed ^^

I tried for ages to get up there. without a goat hoof or jetpack, I couldn't get up.

• AnAngryBrit

AnAngryBrit Space Hobo

Got 4 "life savings" on the first level and when to the teleporter but i generate money faster than it will take it, so i never go through the teleporter and am stuck on the first level

• needsomemiracle

needsomemiracle Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Haha wow. Too rich to fight, eh?
        That's a hilarious bug :D

• FoxxCommand

FoxxCommand Space Hobo

In 0.30.1.0 there's an error from the chain lightning, then an error log pops up about a variable named 'target[0].invincable' being invalid

• Shrooblord

Shrooblord Void-Bound Voyager

That's still in there? I thought they'd fixed it... are you sure you're running version 0.30.1.3?

• blorx

blorx Aquatic Astronaut

This isn't a bug, but it has annoyed me enough that I figured I would complain, and this doesn't deserve its own thread.

I think we should be able to navigate the main game menus with the keyboard, since it seems that the mouse does absolutely nothing except navigate menus. Perhaps I've missed this, but if I did, it needs to be more obvious.

• Treadlight

Treadlight Existential Complex

http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/navigating-menus-without-a-mouse.21343/

• Combiecola

Combiecola Space Hobo

Not sure if someone already said this but theres a bug where if you activate the item that makes you gain money when you attack enemies right before you go through the teleporter, you get money every time a monster takes damage even if you don't activate it again from the next level onward.

• Active Link

Active Link Master Astronaut

This is known and actually happens with all timed buffs.

• Treadlight

If I launch the game while my controller is disconnected, after closing the game while it's connected, I get horrid lag. It is amended by relaunching while my controller is connected.

• Shrooblord

That's odd - I haven't had this problem at all. What OS do you use?

• Treadlight

Windows 7 SP1, gamepad issues do not happen in other games.

• Burby

Burby Phantasmal Quasar

Just adding a few more I've come to notice.
                            Or rather a bit of a reiteration on these two, actually.

-The first one can also apply to different items, such as barbed wire. I don't know how prevalent this bug is in 0.30.1.3, since I believe I last recalled it happening in 0.30.1.1, but I might as well point it out. When picking up the sprouting egg in another order, both me and my friend could just use the sprouting egg no problem.

-On a similar note, sometimes items work on everyone in co-op:
                            • When one person gets infusion, an enemy killed by anyone at all will provide an infusion buff. In other words infusion doesn't seem to differentiate between which player killed an enemy. Other items such as ceremonial dagger clearly do, as enemies don't release spirit particles when a player who hasn't picked up the item kills them while someone else has it (sorry for the confusing sentence structure here).
                            • Massive leeches, pillaged gold and other such active items that have a depleting gauge appear above the character using it, will have the gauge switch to whoever last did something to make the item take effect. For instance, when using massive leeches, player 1 can activate these and shoot some enemies to heal. In the meantime player 2 also shoots around and the bar will switch to them, causing them to heal as well.
                            -Now for the other bug I tagged along in the quote. I've never seen the tiny imps spawn from the statue, they've always spawned from the player, regardless whether on singleplayer or co-op. I think I've seen the spawning alternate between players during the same activation though, which might be a bit more of a concern.

If these have already been addressed this way, my bad :p

• Treadlight

I found this in singleplayer. After I died, I panicked and pressed the Use Item button. It worked, use items can be used after death. I presume this also works in co-op.
                              Have you considered letting the living player appear to collect everything, but give half of the experience to the dead player? I imagine it looks very awkward to see money and experience flying to the corner of the screen. You could also have it fly in a random upward direction and count as collected when it leaves the screen, if you prefer it that way. Just a suggestion for polish.

• Bullethell

Bullethell Master Chief

Commando's roll is disabling Shield generator's invincibility.

• Shrooblord

That's odd. I've noticed the same thing happens with for example Barbed Wire. If Player 2 picks up a Barbed Wire when Player 1 already has one, Player 1's Barbed Wire is buffed to Barbed Wire Tier 2, instead of giving both players one Barbed Wire of Tier 1.
                                  Ah, but the Imps spawned from Player 1 when Player 2 activated the statue. Is that also intentional?

In this video, at 18:50, there's a mob (Wisp) that's completely immobile. Status effects (in this case Fearing - you can see a little skull on its healthbar) still affect it, but it doesn't move or attack. It can be killed, however.

And here:

At 4:23 : the Pillaged Gold Item's status indicator is swapping between Player 1 and 2.
                                  At 6:14 : the arrow pointing towards the Teleporter jumps away from Player 2 to stick around at the location where Player 1 died. Then, it leaps back onto Player 2 when she rolls through it.

Und one more:

3:43 : The Sand Crab enemies are appearing 'in front of' the foreground scenery on the ledge just below the player.

PS
                                  Also I tried to make the youtube links show up as links and not big hideous blocks, but this forum parsed it that way anyway, so I apologise, but I tried.

• Treadlight

Is it just me, or does it seem less likely for items you don't have in your item log to appear, than ones that you do?
                                    Please use spoiler tags around media. Thank you.

• gangwarily

gangwarily Astral Cartographer

Hey all! RoR 0.30.2.0 is up on the Humble Store! Bug thread and changelog will be updated soon :)

Bullethell and Reciful like this.
                                      • Shrooblord

Aha of course - that would've worked.

Treadlight likes this.