1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Thread: 0.30.1.3

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pastuleio, May 13, 2013.

1. Joskineide

Joskineide Astral Cartographer

Also MASSIVE aoe lifesteal (miner again) may cause to your health bug out and temporarly incresea the max hp (I was healing about 40 per hit, I'm tryng out the buffs that carry over glich in large scale, now I'm with the noe that incresea atk dmg and speed)
    With that extender health bar (personal record 8k hp, while at 2 hour mark fighting 5 flaming worms and at least 40 enemies at the same time) sometimes you take damage, sometimes you don't, it's realy weird

• Joskineide

The first level (forest something, I believe, not the desert one) is missing quite a sprites at the bottom left part of the map, it seems kinda ugly :/

• Joskineide

For some reason, when started lagging bad because the amount of enemies on screen, every monster died, even a boss, and all their corpses vanished

• Xantari

Xantari Void-Bound Voyager

While fighting Ancient Wisp on normal with commando, I used the Shield Generator but the bubble stayed in place and I was able to take damage.

• Engio

Engio Space Penguin Leader

Had this happen to me too. It happened moments before the visual went off so I imagine the duration of the effect and the image are not lined up.

• Galdius

Galdius Subatomic Cosmonaut

(0.30.1.3, W7)
              Against the wandering vagrant, when the clock is activate, it prepare his attack. So when the time* restart, if you don't move immediately you die.

• Treadlight

Treadlight Existential Complex

Found two in one run. Click the image to see the bug description.
                [​IMG]
                [​IMG]

• Reciful

Reciful Orbital Explorer

Unlikely as this may be, it's still a bug.

[​IMG]

Also, it gave me the fungus, not the syringe. /cry

• QuaziPance

QuaziPance Subatomic Cosmonaut

The "shop" placement in general has given me a few "bugs" (nothing that is game breakig). I don't have screen shots unfortunately:

1. If a shop is near an edge, then 2 will can show up before the edge, and the other can show up inside of a wall (I saw this in 30.1.1 I think so it may have been fixed, and the fix could lead to the next issue).

2. As shown in previous post, if the shop is close to a wall, two items can show up on top of themselves. (This I've seen in the recent update)

• Cyriel

Cyriel Pangalactic Porcupine

I've come across the same bug twice so far and always gives me the one that's in the background (more testing needed probably) but it is rare-ish.

• Treadlight

When using the shield generator, using an attack that grants temporary immunity disables the shield invincibility after the immunity goes away.

• Active Link

Active Link Master Astronaut

Unlocking the bandit in casual mode causes the game to treat all item unlocks (and the bandit unlock) as if you were playing in normal/hardcore mode. It then credits your next normal game with those unlocks, regardless of whether or not you met the conditions again.

• xXxWilliamxXx

xXxWilliamxXx Aquatic Astronaut

sorry, im not sure if this has been mentioned or anything yet, but i feel that i should say something! when you have ghosts on your screen it prevents you from moving on to the next level. sorry, i bet you guys have already noticed it, but just in case right? :3

• daeo

daeo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This happened when I was climbing down a ladder:

[​IMG]

• Shrooblord

Shrooblord Void-Bound Voyager

Damnit. I posted here, but apparently my post was lost. O-o

Anyway, after viewing this video, I found several bugs (don't know if I can remember all of them now, but I'll try):

• After death, money and XP are collected by the dead player. They fly towards the body of the deceased.
                                • The Miner in the third stage is climbing an invisible rope/chain at 35:45.
                                • (30:39): The Guardian's Heart from Player 1 was shared with Player 2 upon recharge.
                                • The Gasoline Player 2 collected is shared between both players.
                                • After dying, the dead player still displays the arrow pointing towards the Teleporter. The arrow appears next to the location of death, not the location of the body.
                                • According to the commentators, the Evolved Lemurians do not spawn Ghosts.
                                • When Player 1 picks up a Sprouting Egg while Player 2 already has one, the item is given to Player 2 instead. It's like the items would rather stack than share their buff among both players.
                                • Player 1 seems extraordinarily lucky when accessing Shrines. I think near to all of his attempts granted him items.
                                • 19:50 : The commentators detail something about a 'buff error', saying that Elites spawned with the 'buff error' (if I understand correctly) do not attack the player.
                                • 23:05 : It is surprisingly hard for the Commando to jump from one rope/chain to another.
                                Those are definitely not all of the ones I spotted, but I'd have to watch the entire video again to recall what the others were.

Myth likes this.
                                • Treadlight

If you get killed while charging the Miner's 2, the bar stays onscreen and doesn't go away until it's completely full.

• Shrooblord

Another video gave me insight to some more bugs:

• 5:15 : The small Imps spawn from Player 1 as opposed to from the statue.
                                    • The arrow indicating where the last enemy is seemingly randomly swaps between the two players.
                                    • 20:21 : (also note what the commentators say) - Player 1 was 'killed by Drone'; the drone was actually Player 2's and there's no way Player 1 was killed by the drone.
                                    • 30:08 : The Black Imp has targeted Player 2 when she was unreachable and therefore ignored Player 1, who was hurting it.
                                    • 37:00 : The spot where Player 2 died leaves a Fireman's Boots trail of fire on the floor permanently.
                                    • 42:00 : The players killed... each other? xD

• KenboCalrissian

KenboCalrissian Master Chief

30.1.3 Win 7 x86
                                      1. Gamble statues sometimes cost an incorrect amount of money.

On level 1, I ended the enemy wave with $34 left. I used a gamble statue marked $17, and then I had $15 left - meaning it actually cost me $19 to use.

Right after that, I found a small chest that brought me up to $21. I tried a second gamble statue at $17, and it left me with $4, which is correct.

2. Ghosts killed with debuffs, such as bleeding or poison, continue taking damage for a duration after they spawn.

3. At first, I thought I had found a bugged location in Fungal Caverns where enemies would not spawn during the portal rush. There was a Greater Wisp boss to the left, and I stood in this spot to kill him because I thought no enemies were spawning - they weren't appearing, and there was no noise indicating their arrival (the stray Lemurian and Mushroom ghosts you see had spawned after I moved out to collect the item)

[​IMG]

After the timer ran out, I saw there were 51 enemies remaining. I go up the rope and see this (again, the spawn-in sound was not playing the entire time I fought the boss):

[​IMG]

Conclusion: Monsters were spawning normally, but in this specific location they were out of range for the sound effect to play. Additionally, monsters would not spawn near me, making this location exploitable for staging a boss fight.

This also happened at the "secret" chest location on the extreme bottom right of Magma Core. I stayed there during the enemy wave, only fighting the occasional Evolved Lemurian, and as I left I found about 60 enemies clustered on the first platform you see when exiting that area.

• Myth

Myth Space Penguin Leader

Cheers for linking my video! ^^

[​IMG]Not really sure if this is a bug, but this teleporter spawned in a place where it is impossible for the commando to get to.

• Shrooblord

Myth, you messed up your quote a bit. ;)

Also, I'm not sure whether or not the Commando can get there. I think if you dodge roll from the highest platform, you should be able to get to it with enough skill. I'm pretty sure I've done it before.