1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Thread: 0.30.1.3

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pastuleio, May 13, 2013.

1. Pastuleio

Pastuleio Risk of Rain Developer

Post any bugs here!

I'll update the OP with bugs and their status once we start collecting a lot.
    • Finishing a level with buffs on result in permanent stat boosts [FIXED FOR 0.30.2.0]
    • Items can become stuck inside walls
    • Advanced tier healing elites can sometimes crash the game ('apply_buff' error) [FIXED FOR 0.30.2.0]
    • Massive lifesteal could result in more then max hp [FIXED FOR 0.30.2.0]
    • Music sometimes do not play
    • Sounds sometimes do not play
    • Advanced teleporting mobs can teleport mid-attack [FIXED FOR 0.30.2.0]
    • Subsequent playthroughs result in difficulty level being not reset [FIXED 0.30.1.3]
    • Ghost imps jumping to flying enemies could result in a crash [FIXED 0.30.1.3]
    • Mini-imps jumping near walls could result in the item being stuck too high up [FIXED 0.30.1.3]
    • Advanced affixes could trigger during time-stop/stuns [FIXED 0.30.1.3]
    • Climbing down in specific parts of the Lake can result in being stuck below ground [FIXED FOR 0.30.2.0]
    • Climbing up in specific parts of the Snow level can result in being stuck in ground [FIXED FOR 0.30.2.0]
    • Shield Generator bubbles stay in place and doesn't protecting the user [FIXED FOR 0.30.2.0]
    • Gamble statues sometimes cost an incorrect amount of money on level 1
    • Unlocking the bandit in casual mode causes the game to treat all item unlocks (and the bandit unlock) as if you were playing in normal/hardcore mode[FIXED FOR 0.30.2.0]
    • (COOP) Infusion will chase after random targets [FIXED FOR 0.30.2.0]
    • (COOP) After dying, the dead player still displays the arrow pointing towards the Teleporter
    • (COOP) After death, money and XP are collected by the dead player. They fly towards the body of the deceased [Intended, so dead players don't fall behind on experience.]
    • (COOP) When Player 1 picks up a Sprouting Egg while Player 2 already has one, the item is given to Player 2 instead [Can't recreate.]
    • (COOP) The small Imps spawn from Player 1 as opposed to from the statue [Intended, imps always spawn from the player.]
    • (COOP) The spot where Player 2 died leaves a Fireman's Boots trail of fire on the floor permanently
    • http://i691.photobucket.com/albums/...c-884b-4d00-8edb-27e3321bf313_zpscf1dd302.jpg

MisterS42, Rawrquaza and Venom like this.
    • Shrooblord

Shrooblord Void-Bound Voyager

• The B-button on my Xbox 360 controller, recognised as 'Button 1' is occassionally non-responsive. Tests with different controllers yield the same result, so it's probably not my controllers.
      • I still hear no music in the game. I use WinXP and have heard rumours of the OS being unsupported by the game's engine. Is this true? The odd thing is that I did head music in the Demo.
      • Almost randomly, you can and cannot jump off ropes/ladders (meaning that jumping from the same spot on the rope/ladder occassionally does or doesn't work).
      • I got the following error. My most recent actions were: killing a Black Imp and having the mask item that summons ghosts, causing a Black Imp Ghost to appear. I used Bustling Fungus to regain my health, then used an HP Sacrifice shrine. A Greater Wisp just spawned. The error is:

• Galdius

Galdius Subatomic Cosmonaut

-In stage 3, with the bandit, in difficulty hard only, two mob spawned (i don't activate the portal)

EDIT: with the portal active, the boss, 1 black imp and 2 "little people" spawn and that's all!
        EDIT 2: the same for the stage 4, and (i juste see it) the timer is blocked, maybe because of clock

-Ghosts are always count as an ennemy (with the mask )

[​IMG]

A new bug with ghost, after this one, impossible to continue

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2013/20/1368472294-fdfdf.png

-impossible to try again
        http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2013/20/1368472763-eaeazeaeaz.png

• Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Void-Bound Voyager

What's the red smoke in the ice level?
          It keeps flying down and hitting me for around ~70(I was playing Bandit and I only had around 400hp so it did loads of damage), if the red smoke hit a mob it would teleport the mob into me.
          The red smoke hit a small golem while I was trying to heal with fungus and it teleported into me, resulting in instant death.

Is this some sort of new affix?

• Combiecola

Combiecola Space Hobo

In the Frozen Tundra map, there is a jump on the left side where it looks like theres a platform but you just pass through it and if you're someone without a dash, the jump is a bit tricky to land. Also, while I was playing, I climbed up the chains on the left side of the Frozen Tundra and when I tried to jump to the next chain, my character became glitched into the wall and stuck. Also, the game won't let you jump off of a chain if the chain is located directly next to the wall in Frozen Tundra.

• Burby

Burby Phantasmal Quasar

A bug mentioned in the previous thread seems to still be present. Han-D can still have his overclock ability stack. When using it just before teleporting it becomes permanent. You will start the next level with the glowing look until you use overclock again, but you will always attack as fast. You can do this every time you use a teleporter.

• Shrooblord

This has always been the case. My guess is that it's the game thinking that you're on one of those ropes that go through platforms like in the forest level, preventing you from jumping off because it's afraid you'll get stuck inside the platform. What I believe is that this is definitely a collision problem (just stating that to make your job easier, devs).

• MonkeyTemple

MonkeyTemple Intergalactic Tourist

Hey guys! Are you use old save file or starting new game?

• Burby

Burby Phantasmal Quasar

Playing on normal mode while the difficulty was "very hard" in Damp Caverns, no boss spawned during the entirety of the teleporter countdown. I don't know if this is a recurring error or not, but I will check. I was playing as Han-D. Afterwards, enemies started spawning unusually early when teleported to the frozen tundra (they were spawning before my teleporting animation finished).
                    Also:
                    I just started a new game.

I spotted a clay man firing missiles. It may have been that.

• Combiecola

Combiecola Space Hobo

The little imps that come out still get stuck in walls and occasionally, they get stuck in a wall so high that the item that drops cant be reached unless you have multiple Rusty Jetpack items.

• Shrooblord

I'm starting a new game to avoid complications with game corruption or a false positive for bugs due to cross-contamination of old files. Besides, it's not like you really make any kind of save-based progress in this game. You unlock stuff, but that's it.

MonkeyTemple likes this.
                        • Vizjun

Vizjun Starship Captain

Yup, it is an affix.

Nyarlathotep likes this.
                          • Crimbo Hardstyle

Crimbo Hardstyle Big Damn Hero

Well, I just hit "Try Again" after dying as HAN-D and got this. Hitting ignore on the box caused it to loop the two messages, and closing the dialogue box caused the game to exit.

Code:
                            for object oHUD:

Error in code at line 4:
                                   hpLast[i]=round(oInit.player[i+1,2].hp)
                                                                       ^
                            at position 42: Unknown variable hp

for object oHUD:

Error in code at line 91:
                               if round(hpLast[i])!=round(oInit.player[i+1,2].hp) && hpRecedeTimer[i]=-1
                                                                              ^
                            at position 49: Unknown variable hp

• Treadlight

Treadlight Existential Complex

I feel like these aren't entirely bugs, but it doesn't deserve it's own thread. Experience and Gold gets deactivated when far away in the same way that monsters do. I would think it shouldn't get deactivated, as it flies towards you anyway. Also, items that aren't picked up get destroyed when deactivated.
                              I'm keeping my old save, since there doesn't seem to be any problem with importing it. It took me a while to get all of what I have, and I'm too stubborn to do it all again for each build. I'll probably reset my save once enough new items, monsters, and classes are added.

Restarter000 likes this.
                              • Galdius

Galdius Subatomic Cosmonaut

• Burby

Burby Phantasmal Quasar

Encountered this one:

[​IMG]

• joey4track

joey4track Ketchup Robot

Is there a changelog anywheres??

• Treadlight

Treadlight Existential Complex

http://riskofraingame.com/
                                    Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be up on their tumblr yet.

• DaReaper5

DaReaper5 Lucky Number 13

[​IMG]

Stuck cant jump.

Happened after jumping a few times in this spot.

Combiecola likes this.
                                      • Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Void-Bound Voyager

Got this error while fighting imps:

[​IMG]