1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Bug reports for Risk of Rain 1.0.2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by needsomemiracle, Nov 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lachee

Lachee Existential Complex

Just thought I might put this down for a future reference, but I was getting sever frame drop in risk of rain (10FPS!). I tried all the solutions that were on the forums, none of them worked. Turns out that my Logitech Unfi receiver (for the Darkfield) was causing it when i had it plugged in. This happened with Gun Point too, so its a engine issue. The new version of the engine might fix this ^_^

• Leafia_Barrett

Leafia_Barrett Big Damn Hero

An 802-minute run crashed upon Providence dying. I don't even know why it crashed, just that it did.

• shadowpikachu

shadowpikachu Space Spelunker

Prob all the missles.

• trexx2k

trexx2k Space Hobo

So, i ran into this problem while playing the game, this is the first time I have seen the enemies spawn in an area that isnt even on the map. Normally if they spawn in the walls you can sort of attack them. but this one is in an area that shouldnt exist.

Attached Files:

• Treadlight

Treadlight Existential Complex

Judging by the fact that the area in question has tiles for the edges of the walls, in addition to cosmetic background tiles, I think that might actually be a secret area that you just happened to pan the camera to. As far as I know, enemies only spawn within a certain range of the camera. Most screenshots I've seen of people managing to see "out-of-bounds" tend to show that there's not really any tiles out there.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2014
            • ShadowlessWanderer

ShadowlessWanderer Pangalactic Porcupine

@Excavater9 Correct, that is a "secret" area. Its where the artifact of Spite is found. There's a hole in the floor up top tha can bee seen in the screenshot.
              @trexx2k Thats not an out of bounds area. You knocked the child down the hole in the floor.

• Barbarossa_5

Barbarossa_5 Space Hobo

I've started getting an odd error:

which results in my game looking like in the attached screenshot. The game seems to have a lower monster spawn rate and it takes a while for the level boss to spawn, but otherwise plays normally.

Edit: Figured it out. It seems that the game somehow managed to totally deselect the difficulty from the game start. Selected a difficulty and now everything is working as intended.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 3, 2014
                • Clione

Clione Astral Cartographer

I mentioned a long time ago that Lemurians sometimes seem to ignore the Enforcer's V skill, taking no damage and not getting stunned. It seems this is not a problem with Lemurians, but large groups of enemies in general. Is this intentional? If this is a bug, it needs fixing.

• kalvaxis

kalvaxis Scruffy Nerf-Herder

putting this behind a spoiler because it contains artifact details

if you use a time stop item right on the 10 minute mark with the artifact of origin it continually spawns imps until the timestop is done, even though i really had fun with this one i think it still needs to be reported

• Djoron

Djoron Void-Bound Voyager

I'm not sure if it's a bug or I'm missing something, but the Commando has 28HP with the Glass artifact, albeit he has 110HP regularly. 1/10th of that is usually not 28. ^^
                      It also says so in the wiki though, so it can't be just me.

Is there some kind of reason for this that makes it intended?

• shadowpikachu

shadowpikachu Space Spelunker

Idk if i said this before but one time it tried to end the level as things were spawning so i was getting money repeatedly from them dying to 100 barbed wire my friend had and my charge generator, so i had to get lucky...

Needless to say after about 10 minutes of trying to die it let me go, we diddn't even activate, or could activate the teleporter, it just decided to end with the checkmark under us.

• Allien Shar

Allien Shar Space Hobo

Hello,

I've had a consistent issue on both my desktop and laptop with this game with jumping and grabbing ropes / ladders / etc. I find that when I jump to a rope from the right I can grab onto it as I pass by it. However, when jumping from the left, I can't grab anything. I have to jump past it, then quickly mash the right arrow to move back to the right so I can finally grab it. Sometimes the rope is just too far to the left and I can't move back to the right to grab it. It's a really strange problem that I've had since the beginning. I've got the latest patches to the game and that hasn't fixed it. Thoughts?

• Treadlight

Do you play with the Keyboard or the Gamepad?

• Allien Shar

Allien Shar Space Hobo

Keyboard on both the laptop and the desktop

• Treadlight

Try jumping left and releasing left midair when over a ladder and press up after that while still in the air. It's likely that your keyboard won't let you press Space+Left+Up all at the same time. If this is the case, then you might just need a better keyboard.

• Yamigishi

Yamigishi Space Hobo

Hi, I haven't unlock the Open a gold chest with the Explorer's key achievement, in game or in steam, but I have unlock 3 Golden Chest with the Key in a playthrough. I was in coop with a friend, in normal mode, and we were playing with the Artifact of Command. Is it a bug, or is it because we were in coop/using an artifact?

• ConfusedBacon

ConfusedBacon Orbital Explorer

I was playing with my brother on local co-op and every single time we died we kept our items, gold, time spent, everything except our health, which regened to full instantly when we restarted. It didn't happen when we went to main menu though, only when we pressed 'Retry'. This led to us getting unbelivably overpowered and us finding the divine teleporter on the first level. We beat Risk of Rain (the level) and proceeded to defeat providence without either of us getting past the third level in our irl life...
                                    This is game breaking. I then edited my save so I no longer have the sniper.

• shokkuweibu

shokkuweibu Space Hobo

I completed the game with Commando solo and immediately got an error log message. I have not been able to view item log or monster log ever since. Verified integrity of data via Steam and everything seems fine. I have attached the error log for your perusal.

Attached Files:

• wall57

wall57 Subatomic Cosmonaut

if you finish your level with coins in the ground and your money count for portal is 0, you will be able to get some coins and teleport to the next stage with extra money. (its kinda difficult to make this bug)

• jamestaylor

jamestaylor Space Hobo

thanks for this. it help me a lot.'

Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.