1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Bug reports for Risk of Rain 1.0.2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by needsomemiracle, Nov 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Burby

Burby Phantasmal Quasar

Are they still not there after restarting the game? If so, that means that it's been fixed. I don't think things were supposed to be unlockable in Drizzle to begin with.

• Alucard I

Alucard I King Homestuck I

One more small typo: Medical Kit says : "Recieve a delayed..."

• I Said No

I Said No Cosmic Narwhal

I found an odd bug regarding how the Artifact of Origin works with time freezing. If you freeze time (most likely with an unstable watch) on the exact ten minute mark when the imps show up, one portal will spawn every second and make the invasion much larger than it is supposed to be.
        I captured a video of it:

RacieB likes this.
        • Kirigiri

Kirigiri Space Spelunker

I've been getting this error for a while now and it won't let me play the game at all. I've tried reinstalling the game and that did nothing. Deos anyone have a solution?
          [​IMG]

• CalamityCarbine

CalamityCarbine Space Hobo

Played online multiplayer, during which lagged out. Now can't move while playing online or alone, motion, if present at all, is incredibly choppy, though attack animation is fine.
            I have attached all the errors included in my file, though I suspect the most recent to be responsible. Thank you!

Attached Files:

• Ixantir

Ixantir Ketchup Robot

I unlocked the ability to pick up most of the items in the game, as well as all 10 artifacts in drizzle. If you start out this way it will not record item LOGS but allows you to get these from Rainstorm or Monsoon. Drizzle also will not drop monster logs so getting Huntress in Rainstorm or better only. Also constantly playing on Drizzle from the get go means you will only have statistics for your current sessions and if you play a bunch it will start getting glitchy. Only way to fix this is to play regularly on Rainstorm or Monsoon. These are all (errors) I've run into myself and so thought I would clear that up for anyone wondering at all.

As Burby said, sometimes exiting and restarting causes the game to recognize your unlocks. this is particularly true if you do another run and die and it still lists your last unlocks there. But in general if they aren't showing up reboot the game.

• Treadlight

Treadlight Existential Complex

I wonder why people keep thinking playing on Drizzle is supposed to save anything. It's a bug that there are ways to get it to save progress made in Drizzle.

• Ixantir

Ixantir Ketchup Robot

As Intriguing as that is I don't see how that's relative nor even what I stated.

• Ixantir

Ixantir Ketchup Robot

Number of glitches with high value stacks of items. (100+ to 200+) If you Stack 100+ Guardian's Hearts and then get hurt after having maxed out your health to 9999, you may see your health bar go offscreen to the right when you heal again.
                    2014-05-25_00006.jpg
                    seen here. Though its present in all my screenshots
                    Next with Merc, on Sunken Tomb he can enter the body of the map and walls:
                    2014-05-25_00005.jpg
                    2014-05-25_00001.jpg 2014-05-25_00002.jpg 2014-05-25_00003.jpg 2014-05-25_00004.jpg

I initially discovered this here in that alcove and glitched through the walls. But tested it elsewhere. You can use his dash ability and get through the walls at the map edges. It appears that it has to be the thicker more solid looking ones. Once inside you are either stuck until you go off the map or until your ability cools down again.

• rhoot

rhoot Space Hobo

Me and my brother spawned inside a platform on the last map yesterday. None of us could get out and we were forced to reset.

Attached Files:

• XunnieKun

XunnieKun Yeah, You!

Whenever I play in Multiplayer [Unsure about Single Player] sometimes I can't open chests, I start losing money and at some point it reaches 1. Once it reaches 1, I can loot chests again. :(
                        I really want to loot chests, what is going on? [ I used Explorer Key and it happens ]

Last edited: May 27, 2014
                        • Enot

Enot Subatomic Cosmonaut

Couple errors to add.

In multiplayer if two people open an item (with Command artifact on) the menu appears for one player but not the other. This then causes the person who did not have the menu appear to be stuck, only able to jump, can't use skills, or move left to right.
                          -Currently only known "fix" is to have another item drop on that player, allow them to open it, this will bring up the item selection menu, after selecting an item they will be able to move and use skills again.

In multiplayer, barbed wire item #1 only applies itself to one player, any subsequent pickups by other players adds to that players barbed wire, but never gives other players the effect. It applies stacks and radius increase correctly, but only to the one player. In addition, enemies killed by the barbed wire FREQUENTLY become bugged for other players (not host), leaving enemies alive and standing around. Long times spent on a level causes the enemies to stack up and bog systems down.

• Ixantir

Ixantir Ketchup Robot

I've experienced both of these. The second isn't a glitch, I suspect you had forced item sharing on. though I haven't tested this with it off.

• Enot

Enot Subatomic Cosmonaut

No, forced item sharing was not on. Our group never plays with it on, especially if running the command arti, its just counter productive unless you play with rude people/bad players who pickup the wrong items. In which case forcing item share would be an improvement I guess.

I don't think you understood, or perhaps I explained it poorly. Barbed wire, if picked up by the host, and especially if picked up by the host first, any subsequent pickups of barbed wire, by ANY player, will ALWAYS apply to the hosts barbed wire damage and radius. You as the host can have 1 barbed wire, and every other player has 1000, (which we've done) and only the host will have the barbed wire. At smaller barbed wire levels, in the 200-500 range, when other players can walk far enough away who also have barbed wire picked up, will see the hosts barb wire edge, but will not have barbed wire of their own. This also occurs if the host has 200-500 levels of barbed wire and other players have not picked up a single item. Meaning, barbed wire is bugged, specifically when picked up by the host first, but I have also seen when other players pick it up, regardless of how many items any player has, it immediately applies the barbed wire buff to the host.

In addition part of the issue with barbed wire also appears to be that enemies killed by the barbed wire stay "alive" for other players, they don't move, or attack. Only dealing damage if they had tesla or fire walk and you move through them.

It is possible that the second issue occurs outside of barbed wire, occurring from host killing, with that many stacks of barbed wire, and with how barbed wire behaves with regards to only applying to the host, it means that the host kills 99.999999% of all enemies, exaggerating the occurrence of "left over enemies".

Edit: I used the larger barbed wire numbers, but its easily replicated with 1-2 stacks, the use of the larger numbers was more to also show that item sharing was not the cause, and that it continues to occur, not just up to a certain point.

• wall57

wall57 Subatomic Cosmonaut

the artifact says that IMPS will spawn every 10 minutes (not a just a wave of imps...). the unstable watch PAUSES time for some seconds... so, i see nothing wrong in there.

:rofl: just kidding. this bug can be exploited in multiplayer or if u have 9 mitosis.... rly, i went merc solo run with those mitosis. went godmode less than 50min... :wut:

also i dont know if this is a "bug in only 1 character" but when u get more than 5 alien heads with mercernary. his 4th skill has a cooldown increase instead of reducing (few miliseconds, u can notice it)... other skills work fine.

oh yes, forgot to say: when using explorer's key. it bugs the user's munny (it go negative) making him unable to open item chests (in case of cmd art)

[​IMG] TA DAA. -noclip
                                5 goat hoofs for that bro, u can get trough any 1 side wall. for temple walls or any double side wall, u need more than 15 (i think, i got trough it with 25)

Last edited: May 29, 2014
                                • BurningWitness

BurningWitness Space Spelunker

Found out an amazing glitch today, though annoying as hell. Unstable Watch doesn't work on Gilded Wurms.

• Ixantir

Ixantir Ketchup Robot

that is fairly well known actually. It works on Providence but not the worms for some reason.

• SynVisions

SynVisions Space Hobo

When is the sound bug going to be fixed?
                                      I've tried all of these workarounds multiple times: http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/no-sound.32318/#post-1294737
                                      It seems to happen to me once a week and after restarting (and reinstalling vcredist) numerous times to no avail, when I come back to the game several days later it's just working again... until it breaks again.

Is there something that I can do that's more reliable to fix this?

Do the developers have any idea what's happening with this issue?

Thanks!

• vroomvsr

vroomvsr Space Hobo

The platforms are too far apart for parkour.
                                        What I mean is that despite trying to jump to a platform for 30 minutes my character (acrid) would hit the edge but wouldn't be able to get on the platform.
                                        This is a problem because the boss teleporter was on that platform.

• Ramond

Ramond Subatomic Cosmonaut

Every platform that can hold the teleporter should be reachable on every level for any character. Which level were you on? Are you sure that you were holding the jump button long enough and that there were no jumping pads in the vicinity?

Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.