1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Bug reports for Risk of Rain 1.0.2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by needsomemiracle, Nov 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jazter

Jazter Industrial Terraformer

That's not a glitch

• Zaurok

Zaurok Void-Bound Voyager

On the last level, with you get the jeckpack you can permanently screw yourself over. Go all the way up the ladder until you reach the opening in the ceiling. Using the jetpack you can go on top of the ship. The problem is if you decide to jump off to the right. I ended up having to fall of the edge but got teleported to the special chest. Prolem is I didn't have the key to get out of the room. Jumping off again re-teleport you to the same place. Had to commit suicide and wasn't able to beat the game... There was also a key-card that I couldn't grab near HAN-D

Wasd_wasd likes this.
      • Jazter

That's not a glitch either. You just have to farm(keep killing enemies) for another Key Card. The HAN-D one might be a glitch though.

• Clione

Clione Astral Cartographer

Not sure if this is a bug or not, but Shield Slam is supposed to knock the enemy away in the direction you're facing even if they're behind you, correct? Well, I only got this to happen once in a span of three minutes, but I used Shield Slam on an enemy who was on top of me while I had my back up against a wall, and they were thrown into the wall, rather than away from me. I tried this several times in the same situation, and it worked as intended every other time.

Edit: Ok, my V just made contact with a Lemurian, only for the Lemurian to completely ignore the damage and stun while the giant crab behind it took damage and got stunned. That's definitely a bug.

Edit again: Are Lemurians immune to Crowd Control?
          [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 16, 2014
            Wasd_wasd likes this.
          • Zaurok

Can you get another card to drop when there's already one in the level ready to pick up?

• Jazter

I'm not sure. I've opened 2 golden containers without picking up either keycard, and I'm not sure but I remember 2 dropping while I was killing. Even still, how would it count as a glitch?

• Chthonic One

Chthonic One Aquatic Astronaut

You can, however only 4 total will ever drop. If there all 4 have dropped, even if you haven't picked them up or used them, or have in fact done so, no more will drop. Yes you can get stuck this way, it's best to not do any stunts unless you have a key to escape with ;)

• Slanzinger

Slanzinger Orbital Explorer

I don't see how it's a "feature", can't think of any real reason why they should stop working like that, but... okay, I guess? :confused:

Another one I saw just now (unless it's another feature): with Brilliant Behemoth equipped, Commando's "Full Metal Jacket" ability will occasionally knock some enemies in a group towards you rather than away.

• Jazter

It stops working like that because time stopped. It works the same with lava on Magma Barracks. That might just be a terrain thing because it doesn't stop tesla mobs and those mushrum clouds damage.

• Clione

[​IMG]

What is this and why is it in the Desolated Forest? I kinda wish I could fly high enough to fire it.

Wasd_wasd likes this.
                      • Chthonic One

Chthonic One Aquatic Astronaut

That is a rail gun. It is usually found on the last level only... not sure why you see it on the first level.

• Burby

Burby Phantasmal Quasar

Also where, relative to the rest of the level?

• Clione

On some layouts, if you fly up and to the left from the top right, you'll see it if you have enough jetpacks. Goat hooves are probably important, too.

Wasd_wasd likes this.
                            • Clione

[​IMG]

I guess he's the giant stone guardian now. I mean, he's one with the earth at least.

• ThatGuyXion

ThatGuyXion Space Hobo

When i start up the game it's just a black screen with the mouse being the spinning circle. Then it says not responding. And when i run the game directly from the steam folder as well as running it as admin it still does the same thing. :/

• meow247

meow247 Pangalactic Porcupine

dont click it. just let it load

• Zaurok

Except one of the cards was INSIDE a structure so there's no way I could get that one... A possible way to fix this would be to make any cards already dropped vanish when another "could" drop.

• ThatGuyXion

ThatGuyXion Space Hobo

I have a beast computer though and it's never done this before. And when i do somewhat get it to work it says this in the errors:

error_2_17_2014

ERROR in
                                      action number 1
                                      of Create Event
                                      for object oInit:

Error defining an external function.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2014
                                      • Treadlight

Treadlight Existential Complex

You still have to let it load. Clicking on something that's loading for a long time will cause windows to think it's not responding.
                                        As for the other error, that's actually listed on the FAQ page.
                                        "
                                        No Audio Plays + Error Defining External Function
                                        1. Uninstall and reinstall Visual C++, included in the 'redist' folder or can be downloaded again at (http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30679)
                                        2. Restart your computer
                                        3. If running Windows 8, run the game in compatibility mode for Windows 7 (right click -> Properties > Compatibility)
                                        "

• MrKrieg

MrKrieg Aquatic Astronaut

Going to re-report this one every page or so to make sure it gets some attention, since it keeps consistently happening. This game desperately needs some desync checking. If nothing else, it needs to rely on the host player for the enemies left count and simply sync that. Sometimes enemies desync and become invincible, yeah, but at least if it synced the number and let the other players use the teleporter when the host player's client said there were no enemies left, the game would be playable. As it is..

Host dies? 50/50 whether you'll be able to continue or not even if the other player/s survive.

Wasd_wasd likes this.
                                          Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.