1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Bug reports for Risk of Rain 1.0.2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by needsomemiracle, Nov 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lations

lations Seal Broken

I signed up to the forum to post this exact same thing. I absolutely love Risk of Rain - and I haven't had so much co-op fun in ages.
    Unfortuntely though I get the same problem, and it is really saddening, it makes me not want to play the game at all. I can have a great game and unlock a bunch of items and new characters, but then the game crashes on maybe the 4th or 5th teleporter, and of course I lose all the progress I've made. It's so frustrating!

I don't know if this is related or not, but the music and some of the sounds cut out after a couple of levels as well. I can live with that, but I really, really can't live with the game crashing without fail every 4th/5th level :(

The game reallyneeds a patch for various other small issues, but this one is really a game-breaking issue. I'm sure you're working on fixing it...I just really hope you can soon, before my friends (who don't have the crashing problem) play too much and get sick of the game!

• Forever

Forever Phantasmal Quasar

Text boxes sometimes have the wrong size font or something similar that causes them to be unreadable. (On things such as "Disconnected from server" and such.)

• TobiasAmaranth

TobiasAmaranth Void-Bound Voyager

Time:21:43:1

ERROR in
        action number 1
        of Create Event
        for object oEfChestRain:

Error in code at line 4:

x=i.x+16+(irandom_range(0,i.width_box-2)*16)
        ^
        at position 14: Unknown variable x

Time:23:30:40

ERROR in
        action number 2
        of Alarm Event for alarm 0
        for object oBison:

In script alarm_ai_default:
        In script teleport_nearby:
        Error in code at line 12:

rety = tff.y+sprite_get_yoffset(ttele.sprite_index)-sprite_get_height(ttele.sprite_index)
        ^
        at position 48: Unknown variable sprite_index

• Stovepipes

Stovepipes Void-Bound Voyager

Acrid is pretty much unplayable in monsoon multiplayer with more than 2 players due to Epidemic causing massive amounts of lag (and then crashes). Happiest Mask can also cause lag/crashes in late-game monsoon as well.

• litthard

litthard Space Hobo

Engineer: turret cooldown not lowered by wicked ring

• ShadeShine

ShadeShine Space Hobo

Hey, I've been to the miner chamber twice, but I've never seen the boss. The first time, I was on single player. The second time it was multiplayer and I was able to KILL the boss for my friend but not SEE IT or be HIT by it. It was really weird.

Did not unlock the miner either time, but unlocked the miner for my friend by shooting a boss I could not see...

I have the steam version of the game, updated to latest as far as I know.

Thanks.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2013
              • starbuster

starbuster And Do the MONKEY!

steam screen twice the size of the game cant talk to people without clicking to the store page and miss clicks everything in there as well.

• theomegaboost

theomegaboost Space Hobo

He can get stuck on a lot of jump pads I guess. This took awhile.
                  [​IMG]

Stickman1 likes this.
                  • needsomemiracle

needsomemiracle Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Characters in the broken drone price became spaced out for some reason. They were like that when it died and didn't change. Other numbers on the screen were normal. This is a screenshot from a recorded video, but it shouldn't matter.

RoR 18.avi_snapshot_58.32_[2013.11.30_00.08.10].jpg

• Light

Light Void-Bound Voyager

Unlocked the drown 20 whorls and stay in lava for 1 minute items, but they were locked again when I checked the unlock log.

• Chthonic One

Chthonic One Aquatic Astronaut

If you were playing on Easy, this is normal. Easy doesn't save your achievement progress. Play on normal or harder to unlock achievements.

• Faucille

Faucille Space Spelunker

Hi i'm having this error while in the lobby and cannot launch the game (the ready button desengage randomly).

ERROR in
                          action number 1
                          of Step Event
                          for object objServer:

In script proc_server:
                          In script set_position:
                          Error in code at line 15:

if !argument0.free || argument0.activity = 30
                          ^
                          at position 16: Unknown variable free

What should i do to repair it?

• needsomemiracle

needsomemiracle Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm not sure. What's the reason to give him the ability to do that?

2013-11-30_00001.jpg

• meow247

meow247 Pangalactic Porcupine

right after a MP game start, i got dc'ed and an error pops up
                              Code:
                              ERROR in
                              action number 1
                              of End Step Event
                              for object oHUD:

Error in code at line 17:

if oP.use[0]!=-1 && tutorial_use=0 && oInit.coop=1
                                       ^
                              at position 8: Unknown variable use

• lations

lations Seal Broken

So the game constantly crashing upon entering the teleporter? That seems to be related to Xonar sound cards - many people are reporting this terrible issue, and one thing they seem to have in common is having a Xonar sound card (including myself).

Do the devs read this forum frequently? I'd love to hear some feedback about this issue, as it simply makes the game unplayable if it's going to crash on entering the teleporter :zzz:

Walfas and DeadlyLuvdisc like this.
                                • Stickman1

Stickman1 Phantasmal Quasar

I wonder, do the other sounds work for you?

lations likes this.
                                  • DJFlare84

DJFlare84 Spaceman Spiff

So he can hunt you down. Although slight inclines in the floor will still stop his advance. lol

• lations

lations Seal Broken

Sound works for me for a while, but then the music cuts out, then gradually other sounds cut out too.
                                      I can almost live with that, but the game crashing without fail upon entering the 4th teleporter...really really sucks. It totally sucks the joy out of the game and makes me not want to play it.

Walfas likes this.
                                      • Treadlight

Treadlight Existential Complex

Going into the options menu right before the title screen music starts up will prevent the title screen music from starting up, and resume playing whatever song was playing before. The music returns to normal if you leave the options menu, and let it sit for long enough for the title screen music to start up again.

Also, I must know. How the heck did Ifrit become a boss monster in this gameā€½

• Caerulean

Caerulean Space Hobo

For some reason, whenever I unlock the Miner, he becomes available only for the play session that I've unlocked him in(e.g. I haven't quit the game since unlocking him). Once I close the window and come back though, he becomes unavailable again for some reason. I've unlocked him twice now, both on Monsoon using the Mercenary. I also had the Ancient Scepter already unlocked, but once the Miner disappeared from my character selection the first time, the icon on my items log became a padlock again as though I never unlocked it in the first place. Strangely, when I check Scores and Unlockables from the main menu, the Ancient Scepter achievement is checked off anyway.

Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.