1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug on baby naming

Discussion in 'Support' started by FRRago, Apr 2, 2016.

1. FRRago

FRRago Intergalactic Tourist

I married Abigail, and I'm having problem with the baby naming.
    I get the message early in the morning telling me the baby was born and that I should name him; the text box and "ok" button appears to me, but I'm unable to select the text box or type anything on it, also, the "ok" button is not responsive (probably due the empty text box). The game keep struck at this point and I'm forced to close it by alt+f4 or Window's task manager.

When I reopened the game, I started the previous day (not the day I just woke up and received the baby), in the next day, I get no baby message - as Abigail's pregnancy simply never existed.

This happened two times already, exactly the same way.
    I found no on around here (or searching Google) with the same problem.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2016
    • Hel

Hel ✨ Johto's Finest ✨ Forum Moderator

That never happened to me. But then again me and Abby had to adopt. There's no way in Hel (pun intended) that we could have a baby.

I'll see what I can find out for you.

-----------------

Some people in the Steam Discussion are having a lot of problems with babies. They're not exactly the same problem as yours but from what I gather festivals cause pregnancies to bug out.

The only thing I can think of right now is to try to have a baby when there isn't any festivals near or during Abby's Pregnancy. But I'll keep looking.

-----------------

I also found out try not to complete any of the Community Centre bundles during this time also, because this can bug it out, I've been told.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
      • FRRago

I'm not sure if there was any festival during her pregnancy, I'll try again and keep an eye on it, in the name of science.
        There is no chance of the pregnancy being disrupted by completing any bundle, simply because I already did all of them as soon as I could.

• FRRago

Well, nopes... even without a festival during the pregnancy the bug happened.
          I think my char is really sterile =[...

Or even better, until this bug is solved I'll assume we are sacrificing our newborns in the name of Yoba's glory, asking an new season of good crops and prosperous life.

Edit: I made the tests using full screen and windowed mode - nothing helped

Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
          • FRRago

So, no news on that? =/
            I still cant have babies with Abigail.

• FRRago

And it seems I'm destined to keep this way... sad; it's very annoying to lose one entire day of work and not being able to have babies.