1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed [Bug List] Community Made

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Tossing, Dec 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Caidryn

Caidryn Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Well, ladies and gents, the patch is out, so time to retest all of these bugs and see which still stand. I'll run through the easy ones.

2. Caidryn

I'll edit this as I work.

Bugs confirmed still present:
    Crafting large stacks giving only 1000.
    3D Printer replicates item in the scan slot if closed out while an item is still in the slot.
    Traveling to a planet you cannot land at locks you in travel until you quit and resume the game.
    Sitting in a chair at the front of the ship will get you stuck.
    When underground, you can teleport out by breaking the wall behind you, up to a certain depth.

Bugs Confirmed Squashed:
    Shift clicking items into boxes and/or inventory destroying the item when destination full.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2013
  3. slylycan

slylycan Astral Cartographer

This has been fixed.

Also Forgot to mention this bug, it still exists. When you are sleeping and you open the inventory your character will be displayed with eyes clothes and without armor/clothing.

4. Caidryn

Sadly, I can't test the multiplayer stuff at the moment. The server I was using seems to be down.

5. Caidryn

Not sure that that is actually a bug. It shows your characters current status, and you remove your armor when you sleep.

6. Tyde

Tyde Lucky Number 13

This one is a little complex:

Version: Irritated Koala
    Race: Hylotl
    Other info: This character was created after updating to the Irritated Koala version.

I'm not sure what caused it as I have not been able to recreate it. Upon loading into the game, I attempted to teleport to the surface, but instead was teleported from my ship to my ship. All the animations happened, but it was as if I beamed off of my ship and then on to my ship. It happened 2 times, then I walked away and fiddled with the star map, tried it again, and reached the planet's surface correctly. I had closed the game by exiting the program instead of using the in-game save and exit button. Thinking it might be that, I tried to recreate it but was not successful.

I have had it happen one other time, but it only took one additional try to reach the planet. That time I had correctly exited the program using save and exit.

Will update if any new cause reveals itself. May just be shitty laptop not being ready to beam me to the planet or something.

Hero Of Wolves and Caidryn like this.
  7. Nulsuyaru

Nulsuyaru Space Hobo

This may be small but this is my two cents, when a friend is beaming down, you don't see the animation, at least that's what was happening to me. Also related, and it may be an optimization issue, but the transitioning of beaming up and down isn't fluid and lags so you miss like 50 percent of it.

8. slylycan

Hmmm. Not sure if this is a bug but when trying to place torches where there is water you just drop a torch there. This didn't happen before.

9. Tossing

Tossing Intergalactic Tourist

10. Tossing

Tossing Intergalactic Tourist

bump will update later today

11. slylycan

Extremely minor bug I noticed today. If you are rummaging around in a chest for a long enough time the chest closes while you are still in it. I have tested this on multiplayer and it takes approximately 90 seconds or so for it to close.

12. slylycan

13. slylycan

Another minor thing I think that is unintentional. Torches can be placed in lava.

14. Etheldir

Etheldir Space Hobo

Going fullscreen doesn't make it properly fullscreen. The bottom (windows icon, date, time etc.) bar and top bar are still visible and so presumably some of the game is cut off. I don't know if the game is actually fullscreen but partially covered with the top bars as i obviously can't fully see behind them to see if it is the game or my wallpaper. Ticking fullscreen in options doesn't seem to make much of an effect but i think it means the game is behind the bar whereas before there is no overlap. On closer inspection i've realised it is my wallpaper underneath the bars so that means the game isn't properly going fullscreen. Also after i've clicked accept in options, when i go back on options fullscreen is unchecked.

15. slylycan

It seems you can be stuck into walls. I can mine my way out but while I am in here it seems the monsters cannot hit me when they jump up (cannot be 100% sure as its an odd jump for them to make, they just might be missing me naturally) and I cannot move. I don't drown as if I collapsed sand or gravel on top of myself though. I also can't just walk out either.

[​IMG]

16. Corpsie

Corpsie Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Just my suggestion for when categorising bugs.

"High Priority bugs" are not things like exploits and lost items. Especially when there are still obviously gamebreaking bugs around that prevent some users from even starting to play the game. If you do something frequently and/or as a matter of habit, and that causes the game to crash. That is high priority- examples of a high priority bug include anything that comes with a fatal error dialogue box, hangs your computer, forces a restart or destroys/corrupts the player and universe folders. These errors either stop your game completely or delete all your progress.

"can't start Starbound..." this is high priority because it prevents people from testing. "do X and my computer starts to smoke" is high priority- you don't want your software to be responsible for the death of countless CPUs. .. Being unable to visit a planet ever again because you die on beamdown. This is high priority. Being trapped in a ship and having to restart the game to escape is high priority.

If I can get to your ship, crash your game and loot it- that's a higher priority than merely duplicating items I steal from your ship when you disconnect. If I can crash you in a way that effectively bans you from a server, while being given free reign to loot everything from your ship whenever you try to log on... that is high priority.

Medium priority scales along a frequency/annoyance line. All the High Priority Bugs reported in the OP fall into this category as far as I'm concerned. They don't stop you enjoying the game, it's just glitchy maths or something awry on a chart. From the stuff I've seen so far- Top of medium priority would be infinite items for the price of 1, then some of the duplication bugs. Lowest I'd say is moving your ship with friends fuel.

Low priority- stuff that makes the game look pretty.

Subcategories in order:

High priority: Things that cause damage to your system. Things that stop you playing, Things that destroy your Universe, Things that crash other players.
    Medium Priority: disappearing assets, duplicating assets and stuff you'd abuse if you were a clever bastard.
    Low: Cosmetic stuff: Animations, typos, codex, lore.​

17. Hero Of Wolves

Hero Of Wolves Void-Bound Voyager

The latest update has made it so I'm unable to warp out of my ship.
    Whenever I warp, I just end up back on the warp pad of my ship.
    Already tried reinstalling it 3 times, didn't fix anything.

18. hurrycaner

hurrycaner Scruffy Nerf-Herder

19. hurrycaner

hurrycaner Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Dont you have wood or coal? You could fly to another planet...

20. Ixath

Ixath Starship Captain

When mining resources near another person the ore always seems to favor one person and ends up in their inventory.

I've tried standing behind them by 2-3 character lengths (and at different elevations) and not swinging at the ore at all and it still is given to me in most (all?) occurrences.

Some things that may or may not matter:
    • I host the server and join via 127.0.0.1. He joins using my external IP. We're not using any of the LAN emulation software.
    • The order we join the server doesn't change this behavior.
    • Who the planet belongs to (whose ship is orbiting it) doesn't change the behavior.
    • My character name comes before his in the alphabet (G versus T).
    • It doesn't matter if I swing at the ore or not. It still goes to me most of the time, even if he did all the work and is slightly closer.
    • I don't think it happens for normal items that drop. It seems to only happen to ore. It might happen to credit also but I don't have enough ways to test this to be sure.
    • Our characters are fairly equal in terms of strength and gear.
    • The type of pick we have equipped has no effect on this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.