Feedback Bug/Issue Found during Emily's 10 Heart Event and Co-Op

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by SlowMotionKarma, May 20, 2018.

1. SlowMotionKarma

SlowMotionKarma Space Hobo

I'm playing with a friend. He is the host of the game. I was pursuing Emily and reached her 10 heart event where she invites you to the Secret Woods after 10PM.
    First, once I enter the Secret Woods the cut scene starts but I hear the slimes attacking my character. I don't see any slimes on the screen but my character DOES turn green due to being poisoned/slowed during the cutscene. Everything else plays out normally.
    Once the scene is over, the screen fades to black, in order to pass the day. My co-op partner meanwhile lays down in bed and it says "waiting for other players (1/2)"; waiting for me to go to sleep for the night as well. I'm waiting in the cut scene so that never happens. 2am rolls around and I'm still looking at a black screen and my partner is still "waiting for other players (1/2)". The game stops here. We can't proceed.
    So, I exit the game by Alt+Tab-ing to the desktop and closing the game. My partner's game then instantly transitions to the next day like normal. I rejoin and load in fine but I'm permanently walking like I'm "slowed" by a slime. The animation, sounds, etc. are all normal except I'm moving like I'm slowed. So my partner (the host) exits his game and restarts. I join up and everything is fine again.
    That morning I don't receive anything in the mail. It's the day after that I receive the letter from Emily saying she enjoyed the night despite the bear.
    I'm guessing the multiplayer component needs both players to initiate sleep before the day will transition, OR if one of the players is out after 2am, it will auto-transition. Because I was in a cutscene that was supposed to transition automatically, but couldn't because of the multi-player aspect AND the multi-player component is waiting for either a "choose to sleep" flag or a "out after 2am" flag to transition, the game just hangs there waiting forever?