1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed {BUG} GUI has vanished during play.. can't save/quit/anything

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Berdryn, Dec 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Berdryn

Berdryn Aquatic Astronaut

Hello! Great game!

I wasn't sure where to post this but I was in my ship. I have set up some crops on the top part of my ship, I was running by to collect my wheat. I was hitting E rapidly and I passed by the ship storage and Im not sure what happened, i guess i hit it to many times but my GUI vanished.

I can still 'play' by highlighting stuff at random as I cannot see my cursor. I went back to the planet and could not get back up. I killed myself next via monster. The respawn screen showed up (playing as Apex) and returned me to my ship.. but no GUI. I am still in game currently and my character is just sleeping so I don't starve to death lol

What should I do to catalog this further?

2. KatoHearts

KatoHearts Void-Bound Voyager

Press F1

3. Berdryn

Berdryn Aquatic Astronaut

!!

Amazing, thank you. Did I trigger this toggle some how? I know for a fact i didn't press F1 before lol Thanks again KatoHearts!

4. Wyvern

Wyvern Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

you probably hit it when you were going for escape.

5. hockeyhacker

hockeyhacker Void-Bound Voyager

I do that all the time in this game, heck sometimes I manage to hit "F1" even when my hand is no where near that part of the keyboard almost as if there is a secondary keybinding for hide UI

While looking for a keybindings .config file I stumbled upon streamingvideo.config with...

{
    "startAtLoad" : false,
    "kind" : "twitch",
    "targetFps" : 30,
    "verticalFlip" : true,
    "caCertPath" : ".\\curl-ca-bundle.crt",
    "dllLoadPath" : ".",
    "username" : "",
    "password" : "",
    "audioEnabled" : true,
    "tracing" : false,
    "traceFile" : ".\\twitch.log",
    "refreshTimer" : 30.0
    }

yet not finding where the keybindings config file would be, odd that there is a streamingvideo config that is easier to find then keybindings

6. Derfpace

Derfpace Cosmic Narwhal

The keys are currently hardcoded. They may or may not be rebindable in the next update.

7. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

In a way from that statement I guess I am lucky or glad my key board forces me to push an extra button to be able to activate F1. The (Fn) button that is...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.