1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

[bug] Game crashes when spawning some bosses

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by codedcosmos, Jan 28, 2018.

1. codedcosmos

codedcosmos Space Hobo

I have the log for one of the crashes, its very similar to some of the other ones, just the boss name changed:

Code:
    Error in
    action number 1
    of Draw Event
    for object oGiantJelly:
    clamp argument 1 incorrect type (5) expecting a Number (YYGR)

called from - gml_Script_pal_swap_set (line 18)
    called from - gml_Object_oGiantJelly_Draw_0 (line 6)
    Im using RX 570 on amd mesa under arch linux, if that makes a difference. As mentioned before this bug only seems to happen when bosses spawn and happens more frequently when a lot of bosses are spawning (e.g. 40-60 minutes into the game) I have not seen it happen with the artifact kin making me assume that it is specificly boss related. The game never actually shows a boss, the only reason you would know that one spawned is the crash log above and that you recently clicked a teleporter.

Im willing to help in solving this bug as much as I can, but at the moment this is all the information I have avaliable.
    Cheers
    -codedcosmos

• sckameikin22

sckameikin22 Space Hobo

Interesting information. идн

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
      • codedcosmos

codedcosmos Space Hobo

Bug occured again with golem, it appears to only effect level 1 bosses

• Muska17

Muska17 Space Hobo

I have the same problem, as i recently posted, are you running the game on linux ?
          I also saw that this crash occurs much more easily when i'm using an artifact (elite mobs only for example)