Buckets and the Transportation of Liquids

Discussion in 'Starbound FAQs, Q&A, and General Help' started by Padexin, May 13, 2013.

1. Padexin

Padexin Big Damn Hero

Seeing how the different planets (likely) have different liquids, I was wondering if liquids can be transported from planet to planet, and what happens if that liquid becomes mixed with other liquids (yes, I know there was another thread on the mixing of liquids, but I was also wondering about the transportation.) What are the basic types of liquids? I heard there was lava-like liquids, water-like liquids, and acid-like liquids. Is this correct?

2. The Question

The Question Ketchup Robot

Well, If Its Like Terrarria With One Block Buckets Your Going To Hear About A Break In At The Certified Maniac Approved Axe Factory.

3. Silly

Silly Sandwich Man

I've only ever seen water and lava-like liquids. I've heard acid-like liquids mentioned before, but I've never actually been certain about them. Though knowing the engine, they could easily add dozens of liquids to the game. Maybe we'll see some more details on a daily update blog from Tiy in the near future.

So for the most part, you're correct. But only time will tell about other types of liquids. :up:

Hope this helped.

Zenuel and Padexin like this.
  4. Padexin

Padexin Big Damn Hero

It did. Thanks much. I'm still not sure if there will be buckets, how much liquid they will hold, and if they can be brought to other planets. So if anyone knows about these things, just reply to the thread.

5. Nohar

Nohar Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I sure hope that there will be acid in the game, complete with acid pools (yes, I've been playing a lot of Metroid lately, mama needs his acid pool).

DeadlyLuvdisc likes this.
  6. Evangelion

Evangelion Supernova

7. Nohar

... You're reminding me that Homestuck is on hiatus. That's cruel :'(

Evangelion likes this.
  8. Padexin

Padexin Big Damn Hero

I :love: Homestuck. Especially that part. My poor brother was trying to sleep when I got to that part xD Poor Karkat.
    Yeah, lol. It sucks. But the game will be fun. I only hope I'm bored of Starbound by the time it comes out (not likely)

Evangelion likes this.
  9. claudekennilol

claudekennilol Space Kumquat

I cannot read anything you post. Please type like a real person. kthxbai

Casca likes this.
  10. Nohar

He has OCD, and is trying to overcome his typing quirk.

11. NoxiousRaven

NoxiousRaven Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It would be fun to have a pump connected to a "canning machine" that automatically puts liquid in containers to carry.

12. Padexin

Padexin Big Damn Hero

That is so fancy I almost died.

13. DNAY!

DNAY! Ketchup Robot

Liquids will probably mix:
    Oil + Lava = Fire
    Water + Lava= Stone
    Stuff + Acid = Nothing (or some kind of gas)

I actually wonder if there is liquid nitrogen in the game...

14. Padexin

Padexin Big Damn Hero

Water+Lava could very well make obsidian, like in minecraft and terraria

15. NoxiousRaven

But Obsidian this time might be brittle.

16. Padexin

Padexin Big Damn Hero

I didn't say it wasn't going to be. Heck, it could be one of the first things you can get. I was just saying that it could.

17. NoxiousRaven

Obsidian can be really sharp, it's been used to make swords in the early ages and there's ongoing research to use it for scalpel blades.

18. Argthrond

Argthrond Oxygen Tank

I think that there will be acid and stuff, and probably many more.

19. GeorgeManea

GeorgeManea Star Wrangler

Another option it would be to have a tank an your ship for terraforming , have like a lava moat on thy own castle in the frigid icelands.

Stormbuilder12 likes this.
  20. DNAY!

DNAY! Ketchup Robot

Actually, obsidian forms when lava cools down very quickly. So, it could indeed form if you throw some water over lava.