Bronies Beyond The Stars [B.B.T.S]

Discussion in 'Hangout Threads' started by MoshiMoshi, Apr 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zailiner

Zailiner Over 9000!!!

Are we going to have any clan activities soon? If so what will they be?
    Also I forgot about the logo, I'll get to it as quick as I can.
    Oh man my posts are catching up to my likes.

Spike, Inkheart and eShredder like this.
  2. MoshiMoshi

MoshiMoshi Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I don't know yet.
    >.<
    Need to get some stuff done beforehand, like ranks, and finding a spot to put all the signatures and banners, and such.

Spike and Zailiner like this.
  3. eShredder

eShredder Subatomic Cosmonaut

My sig image thing is soon done! It is extremely nerv breaking to use the dithering technique :s A night well spent... :3

I think it is a bit early to come up with activities before the game is even released. Unless we have a story-, drawing- or concept-concept contest of some kind or similar.

Spike, Inkheart and Zailiner like this.
  4. Zailiner

Zailiner Over 9000!!!

Ohhh, I can't wait to see it since you used a night to make it while I spent like, what, 20 minutes on the current one?
    Also the activities are sort of like that, it doesn't need to be done in starbound while it's not out, maybe on other games.

I might be able to help you with the ranks if you like.

Spike likes this.
  5. eShredder

Random suggestions for ranks, taken directly from MLP.
    • Princess
    • Mayor
    • Citizen
    I have no idea how we could possibly [in the future] have maybe 7 mayors and 2-3 princesses.

Spike, Zailiner and MoshiMoshi like this.
  6. Zailiner

Zailiner Over 9000!!!

Solution: Only have one mayor or one princess. I don't exactly want to be called a princess so I'll make up my own list (Usually the less rank the better, less complicated) :
    Ascending:
    Space-bum
    Minimun wage slave
    Resident
    Guard
    Royal guard
    Treasurer
    Jedi Pony
    Raptor Jesus
    Chuck Norris
    Bruce Lee

Spike and eShredder like this.
  7. eShredder

I effing love the end of that list xD
    And yea, I agree with being called princess would be a bit off.

Spike likes this.
  8. Inkheart

Inkheart Big Damn Hero

Could the badges be made in sprites? :D
    If so I can get started right away!

I'm not the best spriter in the forum but I'm good enough for my own good.

So I'll start spriting off some ideas by Zailiner and I'll see how it goes.

P.s Yay more bronies joined :D

Auraknight, Spike and eShredder like this.
  9. Zailiner

Zailiner Over 9000!!!

Badges?
    You mean badges for the ranks? That sounds pretty great!
    There could be two versions of badges! I could make one and you could make a version too.
    Me wants two badges.
    First we have to agree on a size for the badges though.
    Not too big and not too small, large enough to be defined and small enough to not obstruct anything.
    Your call, I'm too busy doing HOLIDAY ASSIGNMENTS.

Spike likes this.
  10. eShredder

OOooo~ Spriting? I'm in! Since I am already working on the sig in pixelart I could just move along and help out with the badges when I'm done.

Spike, Inkheart and Zailiner like this.
  11. Inkheart

Inkheart Big Damn Hero

Well then I guess I should start :p. Oh heck I already did.

I made a badge for mailmares. I don't know why we'll ever need this but I guess this particular pony can be in charge of informing other mares about recent events, dead ends and whatnots.

Of course, inspiredby Derpy. [​IMG]

The sprite is 60 x 60. Which I guess can be the moderate size for all badges. Feel free to play with the size. It's not official yet :p.

Spike, eShredder and Zailiner like this.
  12. Zailiner

Zailiner Over 9000!!!

That looks like a great size to me, a mail mare / stallion is also a great idea!
    Inkheart and Shredder, what programs do you use to sprite and could you give a few tips?
    I'm very inexperienced with spriting, just occasionally making a few weapons and such with simple paint zoomed all the way in.
    Thanks in advance.

Spike likes this.
  13. eShredder

I use a program called Game Maker, which is not exactly used for drawing, but as the title says: Make games. But I have used its built-in sprite editor for ages. It is like a pro version of MS Paint in my oppion and works just perfect for pixel arting and spriting.
    From time to time, I switch over to photoshop when I am "generating" cloud stuff and such using its filters and copying the stuff over to game maker.

About tips. Hmm, all I can say, really, is practicing. Go look for some techniques on the interwebs (eg dithering, which is the most common one), try them out which you feel most comfotable with and just practice over and over again.

Spike likes this.
  14. Zailiner

Zailiner Over 9000!!!

Ahh game maker.
    We used that for IT a few times in my early high school years, it's probably the only good simple game making program out there.
    Well I'll try googling for a program that's made to only create sprites.

Spike likes this.
  15. Inkheart

Inkheart Big Damn Hero

I use Graphic Gale. It really is a great program for spriting. The interface is easy to identify and the controls ain't all that hard to use. You can even use it to make sprite animations! * That's how all my sprite ponies are made *

The only problem is, you can't save it with a transparent file.

For resizing and saving it as a proper PNG can be quite the challenge so I use photoshop to do the dirty work.

Magic eraser + changing canvas size = profit.

Here's a tutorial to start you off

And the download link for the program http://www.humanbalance.net/gale/us/

It is important for you to mess around with the tools so you can actually learn how to use em properly, remember, experiment is important!

I'll give you a tip to good sprites. The longer you invest on them. The better they will look.

Also check out this site. http://www.dragonflycave.com/recoloring.aspx
    I learned quite a lot from this

Well hope all this actually helps xD

Spike, eShredder and Zailiner like this.
  16. Zailiner

Zailiner Over 9000!!!

Oh man you are so helpful!! It's always great having someone as friendly as you around.

Thanks for the links and everything, I'll start checking through your links one by one.

Spike and Inkheart like this.
  17. Inkheart

Inkheart Big Damn Hero

No problem xD I did mention in your intro thread that I'll do anything in my ability to help you right? :p

If you need me to go in depth on anything, feel free to ask me. I'll be more of a glad to your service :)

Spike likes this.
  18. Inkheart

Inkheart Big Damn Hero

Brr Brr. Next up for adventurous mares / stallions... * drum roll *

I present to you. Woona's treasure hat :D

[​IMG]

I guess this is aimed for beginner adventurers since Woona actually got stuck on the moon and never got out.

Auraknight, Spike and Zailiner like this.
  19. Inkheart

Inkheart Big Damn Hero

Wow this was a toughy to make xD
    Daring Do's book! Also Rainbow Dash's secret fetish.

[​IMG]

Auraknight, Spike and Zailiner like this.
  20. eShredder

Finally done! Here is my shot on the signature I've been working on:
    [​IMG]
    It took me all day yesterday, almost all night, and most part of today, working on and off, started over from skratch multiple times and FINALLY ended up animating it on the go. From now on I am going to hate the dithering technique. I have no idea how some can work out an entire fullsized image dithering the entire thing.

NOW! I am probably going to sleep some because I have completly forgot how to make an url image as a signature...

@Inkheart: Just curious. Those pictures in your sig spoiler, did you draw them or are those just "worked with" (not sure how to put)?

Spike likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.