1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Broken Mailbox!?!

Discussion in 'Support' started by TheLavenderCat, Jan 28, 2017.

1. TheLavenderCat

TheLavenderCat Space Hobo

This has been happening for quite a while now, but it's pretty annoying so I've decided to try an' find a solution...
    When I try to open my mailbox, the game freezes and gives me this:

[ERROR SMAPI] An error occured in the base update loop: System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
    at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
    at StardewValley.GameLocation.mailbox()
    at StardewValley.GameLocation.performAction(String action, Farmer who, Location tileLocation)
    at StardewValley.GameLocation.checkAction(Location tileLocation, Rectangle viewport, Farmer who)
    at StardewValley.Locations.BuildableGameLocation.checkAction(Location tileLocation, Rectangle viewport, Farmer who)
    at StardewValley.Farm.checkAction(Location tileLocation, Rectangle viewport, Farmer who)
    at StardewValley.Game1.tryToCheckAt(Vector2 grabTile, Farmer who)
    at StardewValley.Game1.pressActionButton(KeyboardState currentKBState, MouseState currentMouseState, GamePadState currentPadState)
    at StardewValley.Game1.UpdateControlInput(GameTime time)
    at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime)
    at StardewModdingAPI.Inheritance.SGame.Update(GameTime gameTime) in \source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\StardewModdingAPI\Inheritance\SGame.cs:line 338

Sooo... ya. o_O

• MysticTempest

MysticTempest Spaceman Spiff

Did you pass out recently in-game? There seems to be a bug which affects some users where the letter you receive after passing out causes a crash when opened.
      I've never been able to get it to crash for me, but the save file can be edited to remove the letter.

Just out of curiosity are you using any mods that change the mail?

And, if you upload your savefile here; I can delete the letter.

• TheLavenderCat

TheLavenderCat Space Hobo

Here you go! :catsmile:

Attached Files:

MysticTempest likes this.
        • MysticTempest

MysticTempest Spaceman Spiff