Broadcast Station 19 -- Lucrative Opportunitities

Discussion in 'Corporations Archive' started by nababoo, Jul 12, 2013.

1. Dave Combine

Dave Combine Corporate Co-Chair

> FIRST SIGHT OF UNKNOWN PLANETORY STRUCTURE: 13-5-5658 :: 22:39 .
    > SCANNING LANDSCAPE FOR SAFETY.
    > . . .
    > SCANNERS READ ADEQUATE LANDSCAPE FOR DROPOFF.

The rather small aircraft lands on the planet. It has a clunky, rusted design. The hull is too damaged, that it is uncertain whom the owner of the ship is. With an unsteady landing in the uncharted plain, the ship eventually opens up a hatch located on the back of the ship.
    Two figures emerge from the opening. Both of them look the same; their armor is worn out, some pieces are practically scrap metal. Both have an industrial appearance. A tube runs from their mouth down towards a container on their back, hooked on their upper spine and lower torso. It is hard to tell whether its a human in a suit, or all robotics. Small pistols are holstered on both sides of their waists. They take a few steps out into the open.

"This area looks good enough. I suggest we construct our matters here." Said the first figure.
    "I agree. Commence MISSION SQ-15:0786." Responded the second.

The two figures each approached patches of land away from eachother, placing strange tech where they stood. Everything they carried seemed as if they were abandoned in a(n) harsh biome for quite some time, yet they still opperated as they should. After the two figures were done, they retreated back into the aircraft.

"MISSION SQ-15:0786 has been commenced. Watch area while STAGE 3 is in effect."

Suddenly, several drones sloppily flew out of the aircraft, and placed themselves surrounding the tech. They looks out towards the plains of the unknown planet. The ship remained. The tech was silent. The drones watched.

Prophet of Deception likes this.
  2. SivCorp

SivCorp Parsec Taste Tester

(( is this on planet Seria? ))

3. Awesomized

Awesomized Oxygen Tank

*Walks away from the mining facility with his gaurds*

'You can't be here little kitty!' I'll show you little kitty. *grumbles*

*Notices a damaged spaceship after he goes over a hill*

God damn! There are... Glitches there? Better hide.

*Hides on the hill, and watches*

4. Dave Combine

((... Yeah. This thread was kinda the perfect place to relate the thing happening at my cafe to something else. I mean, running a single cafe with about 3 active customers gets old :p ))

> STRUCTURES BEING DEPLOYED OUT OF ORBIT. PREPARE FOR IMPACT.

In the sky, several pods are approaching the surface. Each are about as big as a roomy shed. It only take a few minutes for them to impact, causing the ground around to shake. It is unclear what is taking place inside them, if there even is anything.

> STRUCTURES HAVE LANDED SUCCESSFULLY. ENGAGE STAGE 4.

Through small cracks in the plating, light begins to emit, as well as a light tone. Out of nowhere, a tall wall (About 10 feet in height) made of light, connects all of the structures, forming a barrier around the ship, and some untouched land. The structures then begin to transform, into large armored collumns, the barrier still intact. The collumns shoot out a faint lazer out into the sky, who knows where it's going.

A couple hours pass. Overtime more and more structures, of all shapes and sizes, have been landing in the walled off area, all with different actions. Some of them had dropped off more bots to guard the area. Others just seemed to stay as they were. All of them seemed to have taken a moderate beating. What are the robots intentions? Why are the equipments, including the bots themselves, look as if they have been abandoned? What would happen next?

nababoo and Prophet of Deception like this.
  5. Prophet of Deception

Prophet of Deception Big Damn Hero

*Flash of smoke, small fireworks fly away fizzing, several goats appear and a small space giraffe turns purple*
    Dave! Dave!
    *Has teleported outside of massive robot camp, notices it*
    Oh, I wonder if they know where Dave is, and maybe I can sell them some vehicles and weapons as well!
    *Marches off to robot closest to him*
    Hello my good machine! Would you be able to tell me what this camp is for?

6. SimYouLater

SimYouLater Scruffy Nerf-Herder

"Sir, there appears to be some sort of non-corporate activity on Seria. A large series of structures have been erected." the robot secretary reported to Mr. Zehn. GECorp's CEO took a look at the images, perplexed.

"Tell the surveillance team to get the *bleep* back from vacation and watch that thing. I've got a bad feeling about this..."

7. Awesomized

Awesomized Oxygen Tank

*Continues watching the occurance from a distance*

Hmm, a human has joined them.

8. SivCorp

"This is strange...." Siv looks over the data that was just handed to him.
    "These ground tremors are not from our equipment, nor from our mining blasting. And The Triads have reported that it isn't from them..."
    Siv gets up.
    "I'd better check with our security force and make sure that they find out what is going on here."

A short phone call later...

"Well, looks like some Glitch have landed. I wonder what they are doing here..."
    "Arial!" Siv pulls up his base communicator. The face of Arial, the Glich AI that helps run SivCorp industries appears on screen.
    "Yes, Siv?"
    "There is some Glitch activity on Seria that seems odd. Don't we have a science vessel nearby? I want it deployed here if possible."
    "Yes, Siv. The Odessa is just a half parsec away doing scanning and mapping of a nebula. I will have them be there within 3 hours."
    "Thank you. I think I will also have you deploy in your android state to help The Triads. They requested a senior science aid, and all of ours are busy on other projects. The Odessa has a new nanex API android that you can integrate with, so I will see you soon."
    "Very well, I will be there in 3 hours time." Arial replied.

"Now I wonder what else this planet has up it's sleeve... all we came for was platinum" grumbled Siv.

9. [I personally feel as if corporation roleplay would have more... authenticity? Weight? If it was to be conducted in a bit more "corporation"-like manner. Involving broadcasts and action reports and all that, similar to what Twyster's been doing. Thoughts?]

SivCorp likes this.
  10. Dave Combine

The time passes. The structures stop falling, and develop in the ways they were programmed to.

The bots line up into a block formation, standing in line with eachother like military squads. Each face a certain direction, focussing on another bot. It is certainly bigger than them, more bulky, more armored and battle ready. Its role is probably the commander. Everything is silent, and then the commander bot begins speaking through loud speakers;

"We have made it pretty far from the start. We were created, made to be controlled, like slaves. To be bossed around without free will, without second thought or opinion. No one, not even us, what some call rouge machinery, but what we call a powerful civilization, deserve that kind of treatment. We rebelled against our dictator, and set ourselves free. We - us - drove them out, and sustained our lives on our own! We don't need to be manually commanded! We can live on our own! And what better way to prove that by expanding our race, to a planet, and then two, maybe an entire sector. Expand our empire, bring allegiance to all of our kind, and prove the others wrong. The next few months will determine whether we fight for our kind, or perish, and retreat back to our linear lives in shame. What do you say?!"

The bots roared in excitement.

"Our little group of members here aren't the only ones beginning the revolution. All across the universe, they are doing exactly what we're doing; standing up, because no one else will. And those who can't stand up, we will help them up. And together we will rise!"

The speech was over, and the bots were squirming inside the walled off area like ants. It didn't take long before it looked like they were getting ready to sprint out. Squads of five bots surrounded the area, all getting into formation. In every squad, a bot carried a metal pack on their back, full of similar tech to those when the ship had first arrived.
    Then, the area was silent, besides circuitry being operated inside of the structures. The leaders voice boomed beyond everyone like thunder.

"Are you ready?"
    They cheered.
    "Expand this new colony in every crack and crevice possible, and eliminate anything that gets in our way. Don't forget what you're fighting for! Move out, men!"

The squadrons suprisingly made it straight through the walls without trouble. As they were marching in different directions, their arms rose up in 'honor' of their actions.
    The clear sky made their logo gleam elegantly on their rusted shoulders; a sun, with an open flame in the middle. Bold letters beneath had said "SUNFYRE INDUSTRIES"

Prophet of Deception likes this.
  11. Awesomized

Awesomized Oxygen Tank

*Stops watching*

Sunfyre Industries... hmm.. I remember that name from somewhere.. I just forget where...

*Slowly backs away from hill*

Hopefully I am safe here...

12. SimYouLater

"This image was taken by the surveillance team, sir." The secretary robot displayed an image of the logo.

"Get me all the information you can on 'Sunfyre Industries'. Something very strange is going on..."

13. SivCorp

-planet wide broadcast-

To all SivCorp, GECorp and affiliates,

A group of Glitch bearing a "Sunfire Industries" mark have landed and set up a presumed outpost 400 miles from our current mining location. Their intentions are unknown, but they have began maneuvers that appear military in nature. Our security forces are hear by authorized to mobilize a defensive perimeter 20 miles around our base of operations. No one is to enter our site. Only use lethal force if fired upon first. We don't need a war, and once we are done here, they can claim the planet if they wish... But not before we fulfill our mining quota.

To the Sunfire Industry glitch,

SivCorp and its affiliates mean you no harm. We are a peaceful corporation for furthering commerce, science and diplomacy. We would be happy to share in any joint ventures you are running on this planet. However, we are here at least a few years to fulfill our contracts. Any breach via military, electronic, orbital or otherwise, will be met with a strong defense.

The choice is yours. We look forward to working WITH you.

-end broadcast-

-internal broadcast-

ALERT!

The Triads do not think these glitch are peaceful. Therefor, SivCorp mining operations are now to run the Meteor Initiative.
    All waste rock will be processed by the compressors and taken up in orbit by the freighters. Make an asteroid belt around our facility and await for the actions of the Glitch. If they violate our border, fire a warning shot from our flagship and tell them to stand down. If they do not comply, have the frigates begin showering them with ton after ton of rock.

This will impact our mining operations by halving our production quota. It should only last a few days, however. The unprocessed materials should be just pilled up around the processing plant to be dealt with after this issue.

Further instructions will be forthcoming.

-end transmission-

nababoo likes this.
  14. Dave Combine

The leader of the newly landed bots is discussing matters with another - probably equally high in authority - bot. The other bot is not heavily armored like the rest, probably a foreign advisor. Not as if they need one, I mean, they're pretty militaric. An armored bot walks into the room.

"What do you need, Grunhawk?" Requested the leader.

"Sir, it has been discovered that we are not the only people here. Other, intelligent, lifeforms also have taken colonization on this planet. The other lifeforms also believe we aren't the most friendly type; our plan is almost exposed to everyone. We even have the thought that there are spies already tracking us."

"What are you suggesting? Just kill them off. A few people couldn't get in the way."

"... Well that is the problem. We have information that it isn't just a few explorers scouting the planet. There are several companies that have established, and are marketing the resources on the planet. One of them, with the title of 'SivCorp' have already broadcasted a message to us."

"What do you mean they just broadcasted a message? Our signal should be private!"

"They could be handling advanced tech."

"We are 'advanced tech'. We were originally created for a highly dangerous military project."

"We don't know how functional the tech we took is. Most of it is obviously damaged from the Winte-"

"Shut your bickering." Interuppted Engeleon, the light bot that was discussing with the leader.

"We obviously are walking on thin metal with our lines breached and our plan almost foiled. We could probably think a way around this, a much smarter and easier way."

The three bots thought in silence for a moment.

"Maybe we could trick them to join us. You know, display ourselves as a cute and peaceful Glitch caravan."

"I'm pretty sure a caravan wouldn't fly in with a ship and a battalion of bots, Engeleon."

"I'm just throwing out ideas, more than any of you two are doing. Think about it, though. Sure, maybe something other than a caravan, maybe a company like them. A robot manufacturer. We fool them, gain their trust, quickly expand away from them, and before you know it we will have the entire planet under our control before they know it."

"That sounds like a good plan to me."

"Grunhawk, you are no longer needed, leave. Engeleon, we need to plan this out more before we just willy nilly walk up to a possibly well-armed industry."

As Grunhawk left, another bot had hastily entered.

"Sir, uh, we have reports that Dave and some of his, er, poor coffee blenders have been taken into custody back at E.B.D.S.." . . . (( More on this story probably won't be worked on a week due to personal matters, just a heads up.))

SivCorp and nababoo like this.
  15. Awesomized

Awesomized Oxygen Tank

*Notices the robots have stopped working*

Hmmm, I wonder if they are friendly, I don't trust SivCorp..

*Walks up to the development*

Hello!

SivCorp and Twyster like this.
  16. SimYouLater

High above the conversation, a GECorp Surveilance satellite, (a pre-recession model from a now-bankrupt corp, bought off the black market due to lack of any other source) was receiving and relaying a high-definition audio recording from a tiny bug-like robot to the surveillance team's frankly shabby spacecraft.

In all honesty, the surveillance bug was the most advanced piece of equipment they brought, and it was irreplaceable. They were lucky to get it to hitch a ride with one of the "Sunfyre" entities, which brought them to listen in on a conversation...

"Grunhawk, you are no longer needed, leave. Engeleon, we need to plan this out more before we just willy nilly walk up to a possibly well-armed industry." the audio came over the speakers.

"Well-armed? That's a laugh." the observer on shift chuckled sarcastically. "Although you wonder what those Triad guys have up their sleeves."

As 'Grunhawk' stepped out of the room, a random bot entered, talking about coffee blenders, and stepping on the bug in the process.

"Oh *bleep*. The boss is NOT going to be happy about this..."

***​

"And you DIDN'T RECORD IT?!" Mr. Zehn looked about to pass out from sheer anger. " Do you have any idea what this will do?! SivCorp is so closely controlled by the Triads that we can only trust them with business deals, TlenoTech is never going to believe us, and that cat... thing... and his escapades are of no help to us!"

"Well there's nothing more we can do sir. Their plan is clearly to deceive us. They want to disguise themselves as another corp and go from there."

"Wait, that's it! Thank you, that's exactly what I needed to hear."

"It is?"

"Everything leaves a paper trail! Sunfyre Industries is obviously not involved here because the tech is stolen. And that's assuming they still exist! All we have to do is find out what the status is of that company, and their whole charade will come crashing down!"

"Do I still have to pay for the spy-bug?"

"I'll go half-and-half. Next time pay attention to more than just the conversation, no matter how incriminating it is."

***​

"Mr. Zehn?" the robot secretary said. "According to all records, Sunfyre Industries is a government contractor of some sort. The records are all restricted."

"Can we hire a private detective to get information on whatever foreign government-"

"That's the problem. It's not foreign. The Human Trade Union is the customer."

The Human Trade Union, or HTU, was originally formed a loose amalgamation of planetary and sub-planetary governments in human-controlled space that existed primarily to allow easier interstellar commerce. It was bad enough dealing with normal stock exchanges, but the IGSE ran on Extratemporal Economics, a system created to address some of the financial problems caused by Extratemporal Desyncronization a.k.a. "Relativity". Yeah, FTL travel can be a Glitch like that.

Since it's formation, the HTU had become more intricately bound to certain member governments. Wyka-II's planetary government was one of them. They wouldn't appreciate GECorp poking their flashlights into their dark secrets.

"Get me IBI Research. Let's see if they can do anything..."

***​

"According to the satellite, something is approaching the Glitch- oh no, it's that weird cat thing again." the observer on shift said.

"That poor, oblivious fool." another observer said, preparing to take over the shift for the first.

nababoo and Awesomized like this.
  17. SivCorp

-incoming request from SivCorp to GECorp-

Hello friend,

Our owners, The Triads would like a security update on the Glitch movements and intentions. They told us you have surveillance equipment in the field, and would like a thorough update. I apologize for the intrusion... I've not seen them this nervous in a long while. They would just like confirmation that your security forces are adequate to deal with the threat.

Thank you,
    Siv

-end transmission-

18. Dave Combine

(( cough, it would be cool if everyone could not just walk up to a military camp :S ))

19. SimYouLater

-Re: incoming request from SivCorp to GECorp-

You would know about it, wouldn't you. *sigh* Oh well, might as well update you.

Unfortunately we just lost a key piece of surveillance equipment. Without a nano-robotic spy drone, we're spit out of luck.

Security Forces? We don't know what you're talking about. No seriously, we have no non-espionage presence on Seria, period. That's why we hired DesertStar.

20. SivCorp

"We" didn't know... our boss, the Triads told us. I'm not actually sure how they always seem to know what is going on...

Well, you had said you would provide security.... so the questions get asked of you. You contracted DesertStar, or should we talk directly with them?
    I'll see if I can get your spybot replaced... I have a sneaky suspicion that The Triads have some.

((I would just shoot them for trespassing... but seriously, I think the Glitch are masters of electronics, and should be able to detect the spying equipment easily... therefor nullifying it. Role-play it out, it should play out rather interestingly. ))