Bring back turrets with gun slot, and the freedom of giving crewmember your own weapon.

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by Lazy Joe, Jul 24, 2017.

1. Lazy Joe

Lazy Joe Scruffy Nerf-Herder

1) Turret

Back in beta i remember that we have turrets which can't fire by themselves. Instead they have a slot where you can put a gun into. And the turret will then shoot whatever the gun would shoot. If you put a rocket launcher in it, it will fire rocket, if you put a hunting bow in it, it will fire arrows.
    And that was a very very cool feature!!! Why out of all things did that one got scraped?

2) Crewmembers' weapons

You have no idea how frustrating it is to spend a long time spawning crewmembers just so you get the one with the right look, and then to find out they use the wrong weapon.

And with the current broken "refuse to die" crewmembers, it's really time consuming too if you spend more time waiting for them to die so you can spawn in the next batch:

[​IMG]

(yeah, fix this please)

So my question is: Why must crewmember only use the 1 or 2 types of weapon? Why can't my soldier use a spear? Why can't my janitor use a sniper rifle?
    Sure I can at least get the ones with the right look faster by using some npc spawning mods. Which I did. But bringing them onto space station and then back will change their weapon. 2 of my best machine gunners got turned into dagger wielding weaklings.

Can we have them like the old turret? Where you recruit them without any weapon and you have to give them a weapon by yourself.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2017
    STCW262, AlexakΩ_0.o and Trenix like this.
  2. Bersalius

Bersalius Phantasmal Quasar

Agree. It would be even better if we could "open the crewmember" and change their armor and weapon, just like our own. The stats should aplicate.

Also, I would like to be able to let my crewmembers stay in an especific planet/coordinate, like in my main base or in my village. I don't want strange ppl around me.... :(

Waffle-Chan likes this.
  3. Iaeyan Elyuex

Iaeyan Elyuex Cosmic Narwhal

I'd love to give my crewmembers actually good weapons like the bazonkers weapons from FU. It's like, "What are you doing with that? What do you possibly hope to do with that? Here, bruv. Use this instead.">hands him a pistol that spams a bullet swarm<

Also, it would be better if they were less stupid, but that's another post.

Waffle-Chan likes this.