1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback Bounty Hunter review

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Creepyguy101, Jul 4, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Creepyguy101

Creepyguy101 Space Hobo

Hola! First off, I’d like to say I’m a huge fan of Starbound. Never seen a game quite like it, and I love the creative side. I recently tried out Bounty Hunter in the Unstable version and found it to be very interesting. It definitely adds new content to the gameplay, but i was a bit surprised at what it was limited to.

At first it struck me as an upgraded version of the villager mission system. That’s not bad by any means, but it made me end up looking for places other than the Protectorate for bounties.

I think that the update has a goldmine of potential in terms of replay ability that it hasn’t quite tapped into yet. I think it would put a lot more atmosphere into the game if the player were to come across factions from which they can climb rank - rebels vs minikog, Hylotl vs Florans, USCM vs cultists, etc. Fleshing our the different factions would definitely add dynamic to the game, especially if that came with long-standing consequences like market prices or even violent conflicts.

This new update has, in my opinion, scratched the surface of a very nice iceberg. One of the best things about Starbound is the sheer, raw creativity and choice the player is given. Adding to that, and potentially allowing the player to choose what impact they make on the universe would go a long way.