1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bounty Hunter Quest - Password Bug?

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by jabbamonkey, Jun 29, 2019.

1. jabbamonkey

jabbamonkey Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I found a bounty hunter's vault (but I didn't have the pass code to enter) Then I tracked the bounty hunter to his base, and assaulted it with my mech. After defeating all the enemies, my quest log says, "After some persuasion, a lackey provided me with the code for the vault: <password>." Um, there is not actual password written there, just the characters "<password>".

So, I assumed I'd be able to go back to the vault, and it would just "open" because I had the quest <password> ... nope, the keypad is asking for the code, and all I have is "<password>".

How do I get out of this? I'd hate to abandon the quest, since it took me some time to complete. :(

2. jabbamonkey

So, I "abandoned" that quest and continued forward. Then I ran into another quest with a passcode vault. This time, the log said, "After some persuasion, a lackey provided me with the code for the vault: 1234." So, I went back to the vault and opened it. Then nothing happened with the quest. No update, no nothing. Still the same journal message. So, I can't move forward in the questline. Again?!?

3. Darkexxod

Darkexxod Big Damn Hero

same problem here - only thing i can think of besides just abandoning is using /completequest, but i've no idea what the quest id is for the procedural ones

4. jabbamonkey

Hit what I think is the final quest, and hit ANOTHER bug... Just found a clue, and the journal entry is "One of Asra Nox's lackey's led me to "<next.coordinate.name>"." So, I have no coordinates for the final quest, and no marker shows up on the map! This latest update is riddled with bugs, and no support help so far.

... and, if I abandon this last quest, go back to the peacekeepers and get the mission again, then go through the mission again ... I get the same problem!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2019
  5. Catherine Franz

Catherine Franz Spaceman Spiff

It's on your ship like the artifact missions...

E: I've completed it soo...

upload_2019-7-7_11-32-41.png

6. jabbamonkey

Wow. They really need to fix that quest log. You do about 50 bounty hunter missions, tracking them through your journal/quest log, and then it jumps to the ships console mission (and without even telling you)? They also need to fix the journal entry which reads like a bug error (One of Asra Nox's lackey's led me to "<next.coordinate.name>".).

Thanks Catherine...

Catherine Franz likes this.
  7. Catherine Franz

Catherine Franz Spaceman Spiff

Err there should've been a box that tells you "coordinates unlocked" or something...

Sorry if there isn't (Curse you bugs!!!)