1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Resolved Bounty Hunter - boss not spawning

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by thatfeelinc, Nov 3, 2019.

1. thatfeelinc

thatfeelinc Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The first few quests I did were fine, but now the boss won't spawn for any mission I attempt. I am able to find their base without an arrow but once I get there, there's just one or two lackeys and useless clues. None of the computers, handprints, or containers give any clues. All it says is "apprehend *target*" with no arrow. I have a lot of mods installed so I don't know if it's something I have installed that doing it but I've seen a handful of other ppl with the same issue. Is this a bug or a mod issue?? Does anyone have any idea??

Attached Files:

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

It's definitely a mod at fault here. At least one mod is overriding necessary scripts or data which affects the spawning of your bounty hunter targets. Might even be an incompatibility. Its hard to tell which mod it is tho. At least it can be said that its a mod that changes the npcs behavior data (race mods, combat mods that affect npcs, that kind of stuff).

Due to starbound's failsafe regarding npcs they instantly get removed upon spawning when their data is invalid which is why you encounter this result. However it's interesting that it didn't happen in the bounty hunter quests before.
    I am not sure on this one tho but i know from at least "NPC's Aren't Stupid!" that it alters the behavior of all npcs (also hostile ones). It might be a problem with the mod itself OR an incompatibility with another mod. I suspect the latter.
    You could try disabling the mod and see if the issue persists. It shouldn't have impact on the save since it just changes the behavior of npcs.

3. thatfeelinc

thatfeelinc Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Wow I just installed that mod right before my game broke I think I should have put 2 and 2 together lmao. Thank u!!!

That mod was the problem, thank u so much

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2019