1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Bought Impervium tier thingy twice, got billed, received nothing

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by terrariacow, Jun 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. terrariacow

terrariacow Subatomic Cosmonaut

So as a gift for a friend and myself I grabbed the top tier twice, was expecting prompt processing but my bank called me and said the transaction was stopped because it "didn't fit the pattern of my purchase activity" - The card shows that the moneys have been deducted - I am hesitant to try again as it will pretty much max out the card
    Used navy federal visa card - amount paid 4000 transaction held, what can I do to fix this? Navy federal said I need to contact the people I bought from , which is humble bundle but my humble account is currently inaccessible due to the failure , so they cant see the problem in detail because they cant get into the account :-( Sad Moo Moo Face

2. Heya terariacow, when there is big money transactions from sudden when such thing isn't normal in the account activity that may happen as security measure.
    You can contact humble bundle here: contact@humblebundle.com and explain what happened.

Good luck ;)

Serenity, WoxandWarf and MightyMouse like this.
  3. Mercnet

Mercnet Pangalactic Porcupine

My bank does this crap all the damn time. I stopped using my frigging bank card because of it and started using a greendot (aka walmartmoneycard) and I stopped having stupid issues like this.

4. Serenity

Serenity The Waste of Time

How much did they pay you? Just kidding lol

5. Zody

Zody Weight of the Sky

I think this issue belongs in the "Pre Order / Beta Support" section.

Edit: and it has now been moved there

6. Active Link

Active Link Master Astronaut

Just because you can't access your Humble Account doesn't mean the guys at Humble Bundle can't take a look at it for you. It's their system.

7. Strife

Strife Existential Complex

(1) Use default font size and color ... seriously, that huge bright pink font is hugely obnoxious.

(2) Declined cards are very common, far more common than people think. Myself working retail have first hand experience with this.
    (a) Contact your bank and explain the situation. Once you can prove that is indeed you, the cardholder, trying to make a purchase, they will lift the restriction.​
    (b) You must contact Humble Bundle support after your card issue has been resolved. Their payment policies are very strict, so it's hard to say what they'll do. Likely, once you can prove the card is active again, they will lift the account restriction. If not, you can always use a different email account for a separate Humble Bundle purchasing account ... which isn't advised.​

Jonesy, WoxandWarf and Zailiner like this.
  8. NightFire

NightFire Parsec Taste Tester

i wish my friend would do this for me.......
    [​IMG]

Dubology likes this.
  9. I Said No

I Said No Cosmic Narwhal

Yeah, this is normal. The bank's basically making absolutely sure your card wasn't stolen and someone is blitzing all the cash off it in a spending fury.

10. michealv

michealv Industrial Terraformer

I've had this once also, when buying my water cooling rig online.

Had to ring my bank and ask for a transaction ID, then emailed the ID to the customer service people, was all resolved within a couple hours.

Damn right though its scary when it happens.

11. OmnipotentEntity

OmnipotentEntity Code Monkey Forum Administrator

If you have begun a transaction, it should be in Humble's system. All transactions, even incomplete ones, have ID numbers generated. Your Humble account would not be inaccessible due to the failure. If you PM me your purchase ID number I can look into it. But if your bank stopped the transaction, then that would be something that only you can resolve and only through the bank.

Additionally, the fact that you said 4000 is a bit off, because you would have to have performed two separate transactions. So it would be $2000 twice.

But anyway, in the interest of giving you the benefit of the doubt, please PM me your transaction information, and I'll see what I can do to take care of it.

Stoltverd likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.