1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Borderless setting always keeps same resolution

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Katma, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Katma

Katma Void-Bound Voyager

When playing in borderless window, the resolution seems to be stuck at "windowedResolution" : [1680, 1050]. Every time I try to change it (bigger [2560,1600] or smaller[800,600]), the game always overwrites it. I wouldn't need borderless if the Fullscreen option supported ctrl - arrow on MacOS Catalina (alt tab on windows).

Fullscreen works as long as there are no notifications or prompts from other programs. When there is a prompt, the full screen for some reason starts at half the height of the screen, having to force quit, because the quit button falls below the end of the screen height. Also the first time changing the setting to fullscreen results in the same graphical error.

Is it possible to make the borderless window have the same resolution as full screen or at least a bigger resolution? The menus are too big when playing on that small resolution, blocking the view, and they don't react on changing the zoom setting. The Zoom setting only works on the UI in fullscreen, not in borderless.

Thanks!

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Borderless setting will always use the resolution you're using as default on your OS. That's not a bug, that is how borderless works.

3. Katma

Katma Void-Bound Voyager

But my default resolution is Retina.

Display
    • Retina display
    • 15.4-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit display with IPS technology; 2880-by-1800 native resolution at 220 pixels per inch with support for millions of colors
    • Supported scaled resolutions:
      • 1920 by 1200
      • 1680 by 1050
      • 1280 by 800
      • 1024 by 640
    • 500 nits brightness
    • Wide color gamut (P3)
    The fullscreen starting at half the height of the screen is still a bug imo, making it unusable. And the fact that the UI doesn't scale in borderless also (zoom setting only works on the environment, not windows like Inventory). It at least gives the impression the changing of the zoom setting doesn't work as it should.