Bones Files and Permadeath

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by ComatosePhoenix, Oct 22, 2016.

1. ComatosePhoenix

ComatosePhoenix Phantasmal Quasar

I really like how permadeath works with the shared universe, I like that there is a chance to find where my previous character died, either to avenge his death or just visit his old home. Perhaps recover his collection of gleep minifigures or cool sword. But one thing that bothers me is that anything I do on the ship is really lost forever. I think it would be cool if when a character is deleted, Permadeath or otherwise, Their ship crashes and adds a structure with some of their belongings and furniture to the planet they were orbiting.

2. oinkgamer

oinkgamer Cosmic Narwhal

That could be a neat incentive for playing hardcore mode. Would be a pain though to have to have memorized the coordinates of where your old ship happened to be when you died. Maybe a craftable radar to detect crashed protectorate ships?

Jerln, LtBlujay and ComatosePhoenix like this.
  3. Overene

Overene Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Would be hard to implement, but I like the idea. Support. This would also make me a little more interested in playing hardcore.

LtBlujay likes this.
  4. LtBlujay

LtBlujay Void-Bound Voyager

It's hard to find a good idea on these forums where I don't agree with all of the above! :) These features NEED to be added.