Traditional Body sketches: Apex, Avian, Hylotl

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by M_Sipher, Dec 9, 2014.

1. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

bodysketches.png
    [​IMG]
    Just some pencil doodling of how I envision some of the races. Yeah, I know for game purposes they're all the same general body shape, but I like the idea that some of them are differently-proportioned.

rhomboid, Cup o' Tea, DarithD and 3 others like this.
  2. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

These are really good, although the Apex has a surprisingly wide crotch. I particularly like the Avian.

3. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

Yeah, I was going for somewhere between gorilla and human. I like the idea of Apex looking less like 70's Planet of the Apes humans in masks and more... ape-like. Wide stances like that tend to work better with way-stumpier legs. I admit I wasn't really looking at much reference material here outside of game sprites, just kinda free-form doodling. What I might do is look up some of the early hominids and see how those work out, rekajigger the legs.

Glitch I figure are very modern- human in form/proportion. But I may do one just for the hell of it.

Novakid? I'll have to mull that. I kinda picture a naked Novakid as very... undetailed. like, no visible jointing AT ALL unless they're actively bending. Hell, complete lack of skeleton makes me think their limbs would curl before they'd angle-bend like a normal limb. They take their shape more from the clothing they wear. Like a thinner Baymax.

If anything, I'm prolly gonna refine all of these into a more polished, streamlined animation-style look, the Derrick Wyatt-influenced style I've been doing more of lately.

Jonesy likes this.
  4. Feathery Dust

Feathery Dust Spaceman Spiff

Oh. My. Mata Nui. I am in love with those Avian and Floran designs!
    They're so well done and to my liking, they're awesome! ^w^

Jonesy and Feathery Quink like this.
  5. Feathery Quink

Feathery Quink Title Not Found

Bionicle Reference! Did you hear about the new stuff? New age bionicle IS TERRIBLE.

Oh, and nice art, M_Sipher. Apex expression!

Jonesy likes this.
  6. Heartstrings

Heartstrings Giant Laser Beams

Amazing drawings, though the legs are a bit thick which irks me. The apex looks a bit silly too :whoop:

7. B17Fortress

B17Fortress Void-Bound Voyager

These look great! And, as for the Novakids lack of skeleton, their story is that they were created in a series of Star Forges, which pretty much fixes the skeleton problem. For the joints though, just put them where they make sence I guess.

8. Borvis

Borvis Subatomic Cosmonaut

Statement. I would like to see your interpretation of Glitch anatomy.
    Suggestion. Perhaps you should look at the in-game anatomical chart for reference.

9. rhomboid

rhomboid 0118 999 881 99 9119 725... 3

Looking really good! I always enjoy your arts o3o

10. Noobbomb

Noobbomb Void-Bound Voyager

looks good i like the art style.