RELEASED Blue's Horse Stable

Discussion in 'Pets/Horses' started by Kitchen_sink_burrito, May 17, 2016.

1. dollbae

dollbae Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Omg gurl, please let me know when your done making them. Also idk about you but I feel like the vanilla horses are too small. I mean when my farmer is on them I feel like they will collapse at any moment. Have you considered making a tad bit taller horses?

• Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

I have. I was planning to merge the Redesigned Horse Running Animation with the Bigger Draft Horse Model, but I failed hard, and I'm not good enough of a pixel artist to make my own base retexture from scratch. I want to make the paws slightly smaller (so that I can have 2 different bases, to set apart the horse breeds that have fluffy legs), but some of the frames are just being a pain.

I ended up (reluctantly) giving up the bigger horse for now and just focusing on the redesigned animation only to make a couple horses and test some colors, but I might give that Bigger horse a second try. I really want to make this happen.

Cemo and dollbae like this.
      • dollbae

YES! That sounds amazing :3 Good luck!

• Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

I think I'm done with the base. I used the Redesigned Horse Running as base. For the side animation, I made the legs 1 pixel long and then made the neck 2 pixels higher. For the up/down animations I made the head/back 1 pixel higher and 2 pixels chubby, to mimic the Bigger Horse Draft.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I still need to make a second base with the fluffy legs, but I think this one looks good enough for me to start adding the colors tomorrow.
          Might do a couple ones today after dinner, but I'm not sure. As happy as I am with this right now, I have a headache.

Edit: Scratch that. Totally forgot I wanted to try making a version with no saddle as well. *sigh*

[​IMG] [​IMG]
          I guess the recolors really will have to wait another day.

Also, I still don't know if I'll still make a base with fluffy legs or just stick with this one.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2016
            Katetastrophe, eemie and dollbae like this.
          • dollbae

That's really pretty ^_^

• Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

Thanks. :)

I already see some minor things I might have to tweak to make the base even better.
              I want it to be the best I can make before I start working on the recolors, 'cause I have a huge list of horse breeds I wanna try to make and I don't want to keep having to start over again and again because I'm OCDing over the template. xD

But that's a problem for another day. Today it's already late and my headache is getting worse.
              Pretty sure tomorrow I'll regret rushing the base today instead of getting some rest, but I feel like it was worth it. ^^

Edit: I still don't like the shadows to be honest. Recolors will have to wait until I'm satisfied with those as well. .-.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
                dollbae likes this.
              • Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

From now on, I'll be posting my progress here.

dollbae likes this.