Blue Chickens = Blue Eggs?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Xamerzan, Nov 1, 2016.

?

Would you like to see Blue Eggs from Blue Chickens?

1. Yes, absolutely!

86.3%
  2. Maybe...

9.8%
  3. Makes little difference to me.

3.9%
  1. Xamerzan

Xamerzan Cosmic Narwhal

I'm not sure if I'm the only one who thought of this, but I thought it'd be awesome if after sufficiently increasing your friendship level with Shane and can occasionally get blue chickens from Marnie, why not let the blue chickens have a small chance to lay a blue egg for you to incubate into another blue chicken... or perhaps to make Blue Mayo product?

Blue Chicken - Blue Egg.png Blue Chicken + Blue Egg & Large Blue Egg
    Blue Mayo.png Blue Mayo product

What do you guys think? Any thoughts would be appreciated! =)

Last edited: Nov 3, 2016
    • amyhistoria

amyhistoria Industrial Terraformer

Eh, I think the appearance may be blue, like white and brown chicken, but the product is still regular mayo.

• Xamerzan

Xamerzan Cosmic Narwhal

The mayo idea was just a minor thought. Doesn't necessarily mean that it's gonna be blue when it's done. =3

• Xamerzan

Xamerzan Cosmic Narwhal

Anyone else have any thoughts on this idea?

• amyhistoria

amyhistoria Industrial Terraformer

Yeah, I'd like this to be unlocked after some time, rather than befriending Shane to 8 hearts - The whole game's APPEASE - UNLOCK system is completely insane. In real world you can do it with information, technology and money.

Also the slime genetics is terrific, I'd like the color of a chicken to be affected by this system. Of course, you have to introduce at least 1 blue chicken (or rooster) in your coop.

bi-chan and seth0et0holth like this.
            • BewareOfOni

BewareOfOni Tentacle Wrangler

This would be a great idea to have in the game, another excuse to waste my money on another coop for these blue chickens!!! ^w^ but they should only be available when you get shane's 8 heart scene cause that's when they are only seen

• kusakat

kusakat Space Spelunker

I think blue eggs would be awesome, I really really want a cute blue chicken, but what about instead of blue*plate* mayo (see what i did there? http://blueplatemayo.com/site.php), what if Blue chickens had the chance to drop Blue Chicken Feathers, like a recolor of a duck feather?

• _PandorasBox_

_PandorasBox_ Sandwich Man

I've been wanting blue Chickens ( Just haven't gotten Shane up there yet, and I'm too lazy to dedicate my time to him, but Elliot gets pissy if I give gifts ) , so it would certainly make it easier in getting 6 of them to fill the space with my regular Chickens~ It's a lot better than constantly buying Chickens and then having to sell them after to try to get one..

• Xamerzan

Xamerzan Cosmic Narwhal

That would actually be pretty cool. I might make one later. =)

kusakat likes this.
                    • TheTearer

TheTearer Subatomic Cosmonaut

I would like to start out with blue chickens, without having to get Shane up to 8 hearts, so yes, definitely blue eggs. I'd drop the 'chance' and say the blue eggs should be blue all the time so we don't have to gamble on getting more blue chickens from Marnie. Whoever makes it first, just getting blue chickens straight out of the box, or blue egss from blue chickens so no more gambling, I will send mental hugs everyday. Blue chickens are just prettier!

• Zidane471

Zidane471 Industrial Terraformer

Its fair that blue chickens are locked to shane, since it is a story event. (And cosmetic.) There definitely should be blue eggs once you get a blue chicken so you can get more without constant resetting. The key I want to point out is blue eggs large and small should have the same value as normal white and brown eggs. The difference should be purely cosmetic. I also think blue eggs should become regular mayo just like white and brown.

The blue feather is a nice idea, but then being blue wouldn't be cosmetic and having the blue chicken locked behind shane's hearts would no longer be fair.

_PandorasBox_ likes this.
                        • Scritchowl

Scritchowl Big Damn Hero

May wanna rethink the blue feather. That is the marriage item from harvest moon

• _PandorasBox_

_PandorasBox_ Sandwich Man

A blue feather would be an interesting item to have, maybe other, quite low in value, feathers could be added along with it, for gifts and to make little things like necklaces.
                            But a game can't copyright a feather unless it's magical and has a special name and purpose, and you take that exact name and idea, so, I don't know what you were going for in saying that.

• Scritchowl

Scritchowl Big Damn Hero

I know that but the developer wanted the game as a tribute to harvest moon. Yu dont wanna get to similar or else you go from loving tribute to shameless copy. Its a very thin line. However I think this game is superior to hm in almost every way.

I still say blue feathers are unneeded though as it would be just a copy of the duck feather with no use outside of selling.

If you add jewelry crafting to the game it would just junk up the construction interface.

Fuzzyman likes this.
                              • Zidane471

Zidane471 Industrial Terraformer

I second that blue feathers are not needed in the game. As I said last time, blue chickens should be nothing more than a cosmetic upgrade for Shane's heart event. They may have blue eggs to allow for more blue chickens without playing the random game. But, the eggs large and small should have the same value as white and brown eggs. Additionally, they should turn into normal mayonnaise. (I suppose blue mayo is fine too as long as it is priced the same as regular, at which point it becomes a needless/functionless addition to the game. So, I think its better to stick to regular mayo.) I don't think blue chickens should have any other drops, feather or otherwise. Once they get more drops it is no longer a cosmetic change and the next thing the forum will be asking for is to remove the unlock from Shane's heart event. (Because some people can't be bothered with talking to Shane if they really want the chicken.) So yeah, the title of the thread is correct. Blue Chickens = Blue Eggs but, that's it.

Scritchowl likes this.