1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Blood

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by TheMrAdam, Oct 27, 2018.

1. TheMrAdam

TheMrAdam Astral Cartographer

I see mod, that make blood in the game. Why it's not vanilla game? It's so easy to make, and give some realistic!!

2. Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

I don't know why, but yeah, I think it will be awesome. But what kind of blood that the Novakid and Floran spill.

3. TheMrAdam

Florian - green blood.Novakid - plasma.

4. Tlactl

Tlactl Cosmic Narwhal

It's not really a combat intensive game, so a lot of the people who play it might not want to see trillions of red pixels spattering onto the floor of the house they're in whenever a monster taps them

5. TheMrAdam

They can off this effect in options.

6. Catherine Franz

Catherine Franz Spaceman Spiff

Ehh some just want the casual thing so they pretty much made it minimal (one colored i think) sooo it's kinda good that it's a mod for those who want it to be a dungeonbound or something...

7. TheMrAdam

Yeahh... but it can be nice update

8. Indigaido

Indigaido Void-Bound Voyager

I appreciate the lighthearted and friendlier tone the lack of blood (and various other things) creates for this game. I really don't see any reason for it to be a part of the base game, it's just not that kind of game, but it's cool you can mod it in.

Now, I love Frackin' Universe, for example, but I find it a bit jarring how morbid it can be starting from its first boss, to all the corpse and blood type edibles and such. I just got used to the original aim for the game, I guess. I mean, it's a story about everyone on Earth dying, but it still happens to be a pretty happy game that doesn't really show any death or violence, and gives a nice message. So I think it's fine for it to be a mod.

Tlactl and Iris Blanche like this.
  9. TheMrAdam

If you want to save a friendly tone, just turn off "blood effect" on settings. It's not so hard.

1.Blood make game realistic.
    2.Blood make game diversity.
    3.Blood can be turned off in the settings.
    4.Blood can be a part of the cooking(You can make meat with blood, or somethig like that).

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2018
  10. Indigaido

Indigaido Void-Bound Voyager

You're entitled to your opinion, but if you're going to be like that, I'm just going to say 'it's not so hard' to just use the mod.

11. Catherine Franz

Ehh like I said..this isn't dungeonbound or something this is meant to be a light-hearted-creative-building-ish that's why we make mods to change it to our own liking...

Indigaido likes this.
  12. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

If the developers wanted blood in the base game they would already have added it. Also adding blood to the base game might need a new age rating (ESRB and so on) iirc. Since there is a mod for blood people can use it if they want this in their game and people who dont want this don't download the mod. Imo blood wouldn't fit to Starbound at all either.

Tlactl and Indigaido like this.
  13. Catherine Franz

My point exactly..(em bad at these)

14. Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

Yeah, I think they all got a good point. Childern are not allowed to play a game that has mature content in it, like blood for instance. If they add blood, Starbound will lose many of their players, especially from the younger player, even though it is pixelated.

Indigaido likes this.
  15. TheMrAdam

I don't talking about a red-colored game.If we can kill, why we can't have some blood?I dan't want a "Trillion red pixels".Also i now think it's doesn't so dood idea, but no so bad if we can see some realistic effect

16. Catherine Franz

Ye do know that the combat update is just for a lil bit in the game and we do see blood when we get hit or be hit by the enemy and ye adding "more" blood to this game will prolly increase the age rating thingie...

Longstory-short: If u don't like the blood? don't ask us to implement it just make your own mod to make starbound your OWN game

17. TheMrAdam

Come on.Create my OWN mod?! It's looks like not so easy.I just have idea, and i write what i think about this idea. And now i think it's not so good idea.I don't say ,,Do it, make this update MAKE!!!,,. I just thinking.

18. Catherine Franz

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018