1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

BLARG

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Litagano Motscoud, Dec 23, 2013.

1. Litagano Motscoud

Litagano Motscoud Master Astronaut

I DIDN'T KNOW OUR SHIPS WOULD BE WIPED

I guess I didn't have TOO many important things in my chests, but I did have a lot of iron bars...

EDIT: and now I have two matter manipulators ._.

And yes, before you guys scream "BETA IS BETA" at me, I know, I just wanted to vent. I dunno how I went into this update completely unknowing that our ships would be wiped.

So what did you guys lose?

2. Evangelion

Evangelion Supernova

Nothing that couldn't be gotten again.
    I would like to erase my character files though somehow...

supasammy, WyldeFyres and Serenity like this.
  3. WyldeFyres

WyldeFyres Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Nothing I wasn't prepared to lose already (ie all of it).

Serenity likes this.
  4. Serenity

Serenity The Waste of Time

5. legallybinding

legallybinding Poptop Tamer

I can't remember all the things I had stowed away in my ship locker, but I had so many colored petals, cut and unrefined diamond, tech chests and medbags, anything I didn't feel like carrying, nearly full. It stings a little, but I accept the nature of beta and have created a whole new character, deciding not to look back. I can always mine and raid and loot again, but I think I was most impressed with the narrative I was building. I had grabbed a tool vendor spawner from a glitch village. A yellow and nervous Avian spawned on my ship and while I did not care for his wares I had decided his name was Waxwing and he was to be my shipmate for the foreseeable future.

I have turned my back on it all and now I play a Hylotl with no distinguishable character so far.

6. Litagano Motscoud

...yes. I knew there would be wipes. I'm not angry or anything.

7. Considering I wiped characters and universes, everything. But that's how I roll I enjoy starting a new and checking out the new content every update

Serenity likes this.
  8. Litagano Motscoud

I want to try to get to endgame at least once before I start intentionally wiping after every update :p

DotBeta likes this.

9. Haha yeah for sure ;), in all honesty out of the 2 dozen or so characters I've created only one has seen Sector X. I plan on spending tomorrow reaching X sector as quickly as possible so the day after Christmas I can enjoy the end game

10. Littleman88

Littleman88 Big Damn Hero

Steam > Steamapps > Common > Starbound > Player > gibberish is all of your character files.

I said "F*** IT!" and table-flip deleted all of mine with this update, just so I couldn't be tempted. Also, it allowed me to try out yet another floran with yet another different hairstyle. Personally like the big leafy locks and the one with the mushroom hat the most.

Evangelion likes this.