1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Black Screen on Startup

Discussion in 'Support' started by CollectorOfMyst, Dec 14, 2017.

1. CollectorOfMyst

CollectorOfMyst Intergalactic Tourist

Hi. So, I've had the game for a while now, but today, I had an issue with the startup, as you can probably tell. It displays the two logos as normal, but the second the Concerned Ape logo goes away, the screen goes black. I can still hear the music, and since after a little clicking I found the fullscreen/not fullscreen button, I presume that things can still be clicked on... are there any reasons as to why this might be happening? And is there anything I can do to fix it?

• VictoricRong

VictoricRong Space Hobo

I am also having this issue. The fix I've seen online of deleteing the .roaming folder hasn't helped me either.

• CollectorOfMyst

I actually have a workaround since this which might work for you, I don't know, but basically, if you're in small screen, you can minimize the screen for a bit and it may start to work again.

Out of curiosity, how old is your computer? My laptop is about six years old, and things are beginning to stop working, so that may be the problem.

• VictoricRong

VictoricRong Space Hobo

2 year old custom built desktop pc.
          I saw on an old reddit post that sometimes if you're using a headset that can be the issue, but I don't think that updating my headset drivers did anything.

• TopHat99

TopHat99 Space Hobo

Do you have Discord? Perhaps you have the Discord Overlay enabled, which turns the game screen black after the two logo intro's. I've reported the Discord Overlay issue a couple days ago, yet no one has replied to it. So go to your Discord settings, Games, then click on the 'monitor icon' to disable the overlay, then reboot your game. Should work again.

• CollectorOfMyst

AH! Yes, that was it. Thank you very much for this (slightly delayed) Christmas gift!