1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Black screen fix working but not really

Discussion in 'Support' started by Dyuti, Sep 9, 2016.

1. Dyuti

Dyuti Master Chief

So I've encounter that issue and did the fix suggest and when I launch it starts to work but then it crashes my whole computer forcing it to restart? Edit: Its something to do with an update to windows that ill have to find it occurs with my games besides stardew :/

Last edited: Sep 9, 2016
    • Phlox

Phlox Void-Bound Voyager

Are you on Mac or PC?
      For PC follow this: to delete the startup_preferences file, there's a good chance it will work.
      For Mac:
      1) go into terminal (just search for it in the search function). Once it's up, type "cd .config" and press enter. Then, type "sudo chown -Rv (Your User Name) StardewValley" (eg "sudo chown -Rv Eric StardewValley) and press enter. It may ask you to put in the password for that user. Do that and enter. Then try running the game.
      2) Again, in terminal try typing "sudo chown <username>:staff~/.config" instead into terminal and press enter. try to run the game
      3) In Terminal, type "open .config" - make sure you have the space! Then a folder should pop up will a folder in it called Stardew Valley. Once you're in there, delete the startup_preferences. (this fixed the problem on Windows but I'm not sure if it always works on Mac)