RELEASED Black Robin

Discussion in 'Characters' started by Acerbicon, Mar 27, 2016.

1. Acerbicon

Acerbicon Pangalactic Porcupine

I glanced at the "Demetrius White Skin" mod, looked through the comments and noticed Radams' comment. She said:
    I realized that she was right, so I decided to go the other way and make Robin a black woman. I didn't change the texture of her hair, just the color (I just figure she uses relaxer on it). Technically speaking, I suppose Robin being black would make Sebastian black as well, but I don't have the patience to mess with Sebastian's sprite. Personally, I just go the route of saying he took after his father in looks more than Robin.

Robin.png Robin.png 20160327183106_1.jpg 20160327183110_1.jpg 20160327183114_1.jpg 20160327183116_2.jpg

While playing, I felt that her sprite needed to be fixed more, so I've reworked her sprite and done a little editing on her portraits which can be seen below. The last version can be seen above.

Robin.png Robin.png Robin Portrait.png Robin Sprite.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
      Nunah, jimneptune, SiNevesh and 13 others like this.
    • Destany89

Destany89 Cosmic Narwhal

I have no problem with changing her color but she just looks like a tanned woman. Your work looks good but to me just looks like she's been to tanning salon. Or like she's Maru and half and half. It looks great though :)

Jokerine and Acerbicon like this.
      • Trifoilum

Trifoilum Cosmic Narwhal

This is nice! <3

I like my Robin as she is but still, thank you very much for the hard work!

Acerbicon likes this.
        • Acerbicon

Acerbicon Pangalactic Porcupine

Thanks Destany and Trifolum. When I read your comment, Destany, I looked back at my edit and felt you were right... so I've re-edited her a bit and I think she looks a lot better now. Thanks for the criticism :D

Drogean likes this.
          • annachibi

annachibi Phantasmal Quasar

Yay! That was my exact thought when I read that comment in the other thread. So glad to see someone's already done it! And now I won't get Leah and Robin confused lol

Vixxi, Drogean and Acerbicon like this.
            • sweetangel20

sweetangel20 Starship Captain

Nice work!

Acerbicon likes this.
              • Drogean

Drogean Scruffy Nerf-Herder

this makes so much sense

Acerbicon likes this.
                • Destany89

Destany89 Cosmic Narwhal

She looks really good I might add her but then sebastion needs a update to look a bit chocolate also. But right now my sebastion is a demon so lol

Acerbicon likes this.
                  • Vixxi

Vixxi Aquatic Astronaut

She's so pretty!

And yes, I totally agree with the "Why does anyone care what someone's skin tone is?"
                    For me, if I ever make a game, I will draw gender, race and sexual orientation out of a hat. Because it really shouldn't matter.
                    I love this look for Robin. I'm gonna use it. it's one of the re-do's that I think improved her completely. I think her facial structure just fits the edits you gave. Either way, awesome job!

• specktre

specktre Void-Bound Voyager

This is a million times better than whitewashing Demetrius. Thank you!

Acerbicon likes this.