Mob Biological Xenomorph Aliens

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Fred Meat, Sep 2, 2014.

1. Fred Meat

Fred Meat Subatomic Cosmonaut

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg These are inspired by Alien movies, Zerg from Starcraft and Tyranid from Warhammer. The gist is that there are huge nests either floating around in orbit of planets, on the ground or deep under the surface. They are made of a new block of "Living Biomatter", as well as bone, flesh and brain blocks. Inside are randomly generated monsters which are all similar. They look like a mixture of reptiles, insects and a bit of creatures like leeches and octopi. I'll try to attach some pictures at the top.
    Anyway, there will be about 50% small monsters (like zerglings, termagaunts and hormagaunts) 20% flying monsters and 30% big monsters, as well as one queen, which will be like a mini boss.
    The drops could be interesting. Maybe poison sacs, special DNA things, monster claws etc. Sorry I don't have much info. This really isn't such a huge idea, I just thought I might put it out there.

2. Anoc

Anoc Orbital Explorer

How about adding the Xenomorph's made by HR Giger? Why stop there? How about the "Predator"'s?
    images.jpg imagess.jpg school_project___xenomorph_study_by_scootaloopox-d4q3w2t.jpg toysdaily_dick.po_avpsc02.jpg

3. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Existential Complex

4. Anoc

Anoc Orbital Explorer

Good point. I failed to realise that. Maybe the developers can come up with a deal or something like by contacting the right people and tell them if the Staff of Chucklefish use their creations [like the Xenomorphs] it would be free advertisment for their movies. I dont know if you have watched prometheus? Sigourney Weaver also discussed how she would love to be a part of Alien 5. Just a few things to think about.

5. Dargona1018

Yea, but I can't see Chucklefish putting things like that into the Vanilla game. I could see someone making a mod of it, though, so there's that.

6. Anoc

Anoc Orbital Explorer

I think though that they could do easter eggs within the game. Now since it is a procedural generating game it might be tricky but it would add some spice to the game.

7. Dargona1018

The Procedurally generated parts are literally just a huge amount of small pieces put together, I believe, but all of the dungeons, all of the villages, all of these other non-natural structures are different dungeon pieces, placed onto the land, so a lot of things aren't procedurally generated, leaving room for other dungeons.

There is even a downloadable dungeon editor, Starstructor, that allows you to add in new dungeons, or alter existing ones.

8. Anoc

Anoc Orbital Explorer

Oh nice one! That'll give me something to do on a weekend ^_^*

9. mrtallyman

mrtallyman Starship Captain