1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue BIG Fishing Bar Solved!

Discussion in 'Support' started by MaximumRide, Mar 30, 2016.

1. MaximumRide

MaximumRide Space Hobo

And when I said big fishing bar, I mean it almost filled out the whole thing!

[​IMG]

I use STORM but I don't have any mod for fishing there. I had the easy fishing mod though before I used storm. I tried playing it without the storm launcher and it is still the same. And then I checked this:

[​IMG]

I last went fishing at the first half of Winter Year 2. Then Year 3 came and I tried fishing again when the rain day came. That was the day I discovered the BIG fishing bar.

As much as having a very big fishing bar could be good, it really destroys the fishing mini-game for me.

I hope to wake up tomorrow with explanations! this is driving me nuts!

• uberlobster

uberlobster Void-Bound Voyager

Something seems to have altered your skill level. Read the Save File Editing Guide and search for professions. You should see a section labeled level with the number 50. Change the 50 and I think you should be good - unless something is maintaining that skill level such as a mod.

• RushToward

RushToward Big Damn Hero

I can't stop laughing.

uberlobster is right though. Your pic says it all. A fishing level of 50 should be impossible, but perhaps the Easy Fishing mod you used in the past made a permanent change to your character's stats. Some mods are like that.

You can search your save file for <fishingLevel>50</fishingLevel> and changing it to 10 or whatever you want.

• MaximumRide

MaximumRide Space Hobo

Oh my! What a great morning! This will be the first time I'll go wandering around save files. Wish me luck!

Thank you so much!

• MaximumRide

MaximumRide Space Hobo

YES!! aaaaaaahhhhh! I thought I as gonna live like that for a while. Thank you so much!

[​IMG]