REQUEST Bicycle Horse Mod

Discussion in 'Mods' started by BlazingPug, Mar 26, 2016.

1. BlazingPug

BlazingPug Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hi! I was wondering if anybody knows of a mod that changes the horse into a bicycle.
    Ever since I've started playing Stardew Valley, I've imagined how cool it would be to ride a bicycle around town and through the forest and mountains.

The horse is fine and all but sometimes I think it's weird for a random horse just waiting outside Pierre's or the Saloon when your doing stuff. And that the bike would maybe fit with the world's kinda modern setting :D

I'm not sure what to change the stable into though.

alan88 and Karmylla like this.
    • Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

I would like to sub this request, I was on my way to request this exactly, actually.
      I mean, we take care of animals not abuse them, and horse riding just makes me sad for the animal.
      At the moment, I am using the Horse to Vespa scooter mod but if someone were to re-texture the horse to a bicycle - which does not pollute the environment like a scooter does - I bet the community would be very thankful! :)

alan88 likes this.
      • FatReuniclus

FatReuniclus Subatomic Cosmonaut

You'd have to animate the legs, which seems like something nobody wants to do with these horse-replacement mods.

• Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

I won't be as greedy as to request that kind of refined animations, I would be just as thankful with a simple bycicle sprite instead of a horse :p

alan88 likes this.
          • FatReuniclus

FatReuniclus Subatomic Cosmonaut

Well then that seems fairly simple for a spriter. Unfortunately, I am not one. Sorry...

Karmylla likes this.
            • Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

Thanks for stopping by anyway :)

• TeamFail

TeamFail Void-Bound Voyager

• sheetcakeghost

sheetcakeghost Weight of the Sky

It's not that people don't want to edit it so the legs move, it's that they can't. The sprite is hard coded into the game to be static save for the bouncing motion (which also can't be changed.) It's even hard coded to make footstep noises at a rapid pace to sound like a horse.

If none of that bothers you though making a bike could be pretty simple to do for the right sprite artist.