1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated BetterMerchants 0.09a (Enraged Koala)

Improving your shopping experience, one shop at a time.

1. SymGryphon

SymGryphon Void-Bound Voyager

my bad, I just now noticed there are TWO recipes for Durasteel, they're just seperated in the list and the 'coal chunks' one showed up first

thank you for an awesome mod

Mackinz likes this.
  2. Hara Rara

Hara Rara Subatomic Cosmonaut

Firstly, I want to say I really enjoy using your mod. I just have a couple questions regarding ore chunks via the Adventurer merchant. Perhaps I overlooked a post in the discussion board or instructions in-game, but I'm unsure what to do with the chunks from the ore crystal plants. Can I convert these chunks into vanilla ores? If so, what would be the method? I'm using this along with a few other mods from the S3r1ous mod pack, if that makes any difference.

And in relation to a post above mine, at the moment I cannot make steel bars without coal chunks. For whatever reason, I'm missing the recipe/option to make a steel bar from vanilla coal + iron ore (done at the metalworks station). The only option given to me is coal chunk + iron ore. Any guidance on the issue would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

3. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

To vanilla ores? No. To vanilla bars and rods, yes. Stick them in the furnace.

Given I do not know the contents of the S3r1ous mod pack in-depth, there may be another mod which is affecting your ability to craft Steel with the normal recipe. As I said before, my mod introduces a new recipe for Steel; it does not overwrite or change the existing recipe. I'd recommend crafting and using another Starmap Upgrade MK2 just to make sure, searching for "Steel Bar" in the Metalwork Station, and checking the other mods included in the S3r1ous mod pack.

4. Hara Rara

Hara Rara Subatomic Cosmonaut

Thanks for your prompt response. I'll definitely try that tonight. I'm using Atomworks+ (part of the mod pack I mentioned) which changed the furnace system - fuel is now required to smelt ores, rods cannot be smelted at furnaces anymore so must be smelted at a 'breeder reactor' - so I'm wary that there may be some complications. I'll post my findings when I get the chance to play, just in case that might help you with fiddling for compatibility. Again, thank you!

Mackinz likes this.
  5. Kolovrat 40000

Kolovrat 40000 Void-Bound Voyager

I have a metalwork station, but can't seem to make the signal station

Disco2 likes this.
  6. Mackinz

Did you search "Signal Station" in the search area?

Disco2 likes this.
  7. Disco2

Disco2 Existential Complex

I had this problem, I reloaded the mod, and it work you could try that.

8. Kolovrat 40000

yes

9. Kolovrat 40000

tried that a bit ago and it didn't work

10. Mackinz

The way I see it is there are two things you can do.

1) Try using the Starmap Upgrade MK2. This may fix your issue.
    2) If that doesn't work, list the mods you have installed so I can check for compatibility issues.

11. Kolovrat 40000

Thanks and I figured it out, had to put in the zipped version whereas before, I unzipped it then put it in

12. Mackinz

Uh... okay. Whatever works!

Kolovrat 40000 likes this.
  13. Kolovrat 40000

thank you for replying me my message though

14. Zombielogic101

Zombielogic101 Phantasmal Quasar

so where can I get the spawners? sorry for the dim sounding question.

15. Mackinz

You craft them through the Signal Station. Check your Metalwork Station for it.

16. Phantom`LFS`

Phantom`LFS` Void-Bound Voyager

17. Mackinz

:O

Not only did I misspell the name, I listed the same mod twice.

Will rectify. Sorry for the minor attribution issue.

18. minestuck

minestuck Big Damn Hero

How does the fuel refinery work? I put in a few wheat because i figured cuz wheat comes with all races at least thatd convert but it didnt. Am i doing something wrong? is it really obvious?

19. Mackinz

It is a set conversion rate, so try adding more Wheat.

20. minestuck

minestuck Big Damn Hero

It worked! Thank you!