1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated BetterMerchants 0.09a (Enraged Koala)

Improving your shopping experience, one shop at a time.

1. Vegetable Lamb

Vegetable Lamb Existential Complex

Is that what that's for? I was wondering because nothing ever shows up under it for me. How would you go about making an alternate race merchant? Just craft a race spawner instead of a blank?

2. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

It's a bit more involved than that, but I will eventually make a tutorial on the matter.

3. Camera

Camera Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Do you buy any chance know how to make an item produce a shop interface?

For example, an npc walking around may not be very reliable if they could get killed, so I'm trying to make an object able to sell things instead,

EDIT:

Wait hold on, I think I just need to make seperate files for crafting items using pixels...

4. Mackinz

How I figured out how to make an object with a shop interface is by reverse-engineering an object with that type of interface.

In vanilla, that object is actually the frog merchant you find randomly. It's actually an object. And a merchant. I call it a vendor.

Examining the .object file for the frog, and comparing it other objects like the Wooden Crafting Table, told me the basics of placeable vendor like the Vending Machine I've had in this mod for quite a while.

For you, you do the same... or use the vending machine file in my Unpacked mod download as a base for your new object.

5. BroScale

BroScale Subatomic Cosmonaut

I really cant understand what should i do with the BMTFC and the BMTOC as I mean off course to the readme files as asking you to "To do this, stick your old furnaces into a Stone Furnace (or similar) and wait for the items to be converted. "

and the other one "To do this, stick your old seeds and berries into your BM Produce Furnace (sold by the BlackMarket Goon) and wait for the items to be converted."

now... what????????? couldnt find nothing bout this anywhere not that it changes much but in order to produce bars you need coal berry's instead of the normal coals.. so it got me all confused and pissed off cause i couldnt get what did you want me to do in order to what.

please someone a helpful hand would be much applied :(:(

6. Mackinz

BMTFC is the abbreviated form for "BetterMerchants Temp Furnace Converter", and BMTOC is "BetterMerchants Temp Ore Converter".

BMTOC was introduced with the 0.09 update, and is specifically for preventing conflicts during the upgrade from 0.08c to 0.09 as, between these versions, I totally revamped the Ore Crops I had borrowed from Ore Farming to avoid mod conflicts. It allows the conversion of pre-0.09 ore crops and berries into 0.09 ore crops and chunks.

BMTFC was introduced with the 0.09a update, and is specifically for preventing conflicts during the upgrade from 0.09 to 0.09a as, between these versions, I changed the object IDs for the tiered furnaces added in 0.09 to avoid conflicts with other mods. It allows the conversion of any furnaces made during 0.09 into the new furnaces.

If this is your first time using BetterMerchants, then you don't have to worry about them. They are solely for people who are updating the mod, not fresh installers. If you are updating, please let me know and I will explain better. :)

7. BroScale

BroScale Subatomic Cosmonaut

well i guess i would update as soon you'll get another because this is a great great mod. BUT i really dont get how to get my coals to become coal berrys and what can i do with the chunks? coz you cant make things from them

8. Mackinz

They are only for people who ARE updating. If your first time using BetterMerchants is the 0.09a version, then you do not have to worry about installing them.

BroScale likes this.
  9. Devalut

Devalut Scruffy Nerf-Herder

oh my, here I thought the FC & the OC were simply add-ons and you needed them to get the ore crops
    Awesome, I was thinking there was something bugged with them!

Awesome mod bucko, thanks for the clarifications!

Also is there a way to craft the seeds themselves?

EDIT:
    Nope, ore crystals shards don't smelt, even after removing the OC.pak and starting fresh.
    Refinery works though, copper bits can't be refined.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2014
  10. Green_Razor

Green_Razor Big Damn Hero

In the readme it says to move the BetterMerchants folde rinto the Starbound mods folder, but all I have is BetterMerchants.modpack
    Is there a problem or is the .modpack what I need to put in my mods folder?

11. Mackinz

Yes, you put the modpack file into the mods folder. I'm sorry, I will update the readme after finals week.

12. Icefrenzy

Icefrenzy Void-Bound Voyager

So I got this mod but the problem is the items I used blueprints on wont show up on the kitchen tables or the crafting table. Only on the merchant dude D:

13. Mackinz

That is weird.

Which recipes are you referring to? Drinks can only be made at the Blender introduced by the mod.

14. Icefrenzy

Ohh a Blender. Was trying to craft coffee and tea.

Anyways, where can I buy/craft a Blender? I saw the Refinery on the metalworks/robotics but not the blender :/

15. Mackinz

Try the Wiring Table. You can also craft some vending machines (Drinks and Snacks [some ingredients]), all for Pixels.

16. Icefrenzy

I see thanks for pointing that out!

Also a friendly advice to put out where to craft those things on front page since I'm sure it will save effort on replying to these types of questions :rofl:

17. Mackinz

When I can get a chance to sit down and code, I'll take some time and type out a how-to guide for this mod. Include it in the readme file for next update.

Icefrenzy likes this.
  18. SymGryphon

SymGryphon Void-Bound Voyager

I installed this mod, and discovered the Durasteel Bar recipe now requires "coal chunks" instead of the "coal" I had been stockpiling. Is there a way to change it back?

19. Mackinz

It should be possible to use regular Coal as far as I remember. I did not overwrite the original recipe... did you try using the normal Durasteel starmap/tech thingy?

20. Icefrenzy

Try reusing Starmaps.
    It may be that you installed the mod midway of a game and got some recipes still locked due to that installation.