1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated BetterMerchants 0.09a (Enraged Koala)

Improving your shopping experience, one shop at a time.

1. ECC

ECC Big Damn Hero

remind me to fix the small oversight in the animation sequence of the signal station. My copy(the one you use) has a flaw I cant be effed to fix at this hour. Ping me in irc... like 10 hours or so from now.

2. Requiemfang

Requiemfang Ketchup Robot

Got it working... =_= I'm totally blind... it was working the whole time...

Mackinz likes this.
  3. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

Mackinz updated BetterMerchants with a new update entry:

0.09 Containment Update

Read the rest of this update entry...

4. Mackinz

I'll also be adding in a few pictures tomorrow. Or maybe Wednesday, since I get home later on Tuesdays.

Enjoy the update, guys. If you have any issues, please make sure to consult the README.txt file.

5. Mackinz

0.09 - Actual Containment Update. So polish. Much shiny. Wow.

6. BitVector

BitVector Phantasmal Quasar

Your "recipes/starter/stonefurnace/bm_ironbar.recipe" is trying to smelt "bm_ironchunk" into "bm_ironbar" rather than "ironbar", so your iron chunks are smelting into PGIs.

Also, unfortunately, your ironfurnace.object is conflicting with Industrialization's Iron Furnace (which might not be any of your business, but I thought you would like to know anyway.)

And one last thing:
    Code:
    Error: Could not load /objects/generic/blackmarket/bm_blockcrate/bm_blockcrateleft.png:default asset, attempting to use default.
    AssetException: No such frame default in frames spec /objects/generic/blackmarket/bm_blockcrate/bm_blockcrateleft.frames

Error: Could not load /objects/generic/blackmarket/bm_blockcrate/bm_blockcrateright.png:default asset, attempting to use default.
    AssetException: No such frame default in frames spec /objects/generic/blackmarket/bm_blockcrate/bm_blockcrateright.frames

Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
    Mackinz likes this.
  7. Mackinz

Always something overlooked, isn't there? Lol

I'll fix the issues when I get a chance.

8. Legorobo4

Legorobo4 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Going to go ahead an mention this but the Shipping Merchant is coming out as the Ship Merchant ... is that supposed to happen?

9. Mackinz

As they are similarly dressed, you might have confused the two after summoning them... If their inventories are not the same, anyway.

Thanks for bringing this up. I'll look into it, and possibly change the name of one of them.

10. Mackinz

0.09a - Misc. bug fixes

11. Vegetable Lamb

Vegetable Lamb Existential Complex

So we need to install all three files? the pack + two temp paks?

12. Mackinz

Depends. Regular modpack is a must, but you are not required to install the other two. However, I recommend doing so if you meet the following criteria:

Did you plant, buy or have any of the old Ore Plant seeds or Ore Berries on any of your characters from 0.08? If yes, install the TempOreCrops.modpack and convert them to the new versions in the BM Produce Crate.

Did you craft and/or place any of the ten tiered furnaces between 0.09 and 0.09a? If yes, install the TempFurnaceConverter.modpack and convert those furnaces in a Stone Furnace.

These modpacks are there to prevent crashes and such. If you don't need them, then there is no need to worry.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2014
  13. chirisu

chirisu Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm not sure what is wrong but somehow the signal station has a really weird/messed up screen for some reason
    I thought it might be my other mods, but I removed all of them and still the same. But I got the blank ones instead of the spawner though.
    But that's all.
    it looks like this
    http://bit.ly/1isbZgY

14. Mackinz

I had this bug for a bit in development. There is nothing I can do for you except recommend trying a reinstall of the mod. Otherwise... I have no clue what to do.

15. Mackinz

Double replying to my thread here, but I remember that, when I was fixing this issue on my end, I deleted some image cache file somewhere in the .../starbound/ folder. I forget what file it was, exactly, but I'm sure you can figure it out.

16. chirisu

hmm I reinstalled it and now the screen is fix. . .but then I can't access/see anything else aside from the human spawner item. "OTL
    and yeah my image.cache file is already deleted.

17. Mackinz

I'm afraid that that isn't a bug! Gotta spend some Pixels at the Goon to get the rest... Though you should also have access to the Blank Spawner and Goon Spawner.

18. chirisu

ooh i think I got it working now. No idea how though. Now everything is properly display instead of just the fixed screen and the Blank spawner (only that one was available and nothing else)
    Thank you very much!

19. Vegetable Lamb

Vegetable Lamb Existential Complex

I see you're doing a specialization thing by making certain professions for certain races, but I think it might be better to let all the races be any of the specialty professions and just limit what one race can sell. Or make new professions that do similar things. There are an awful lot of things just for the Apex right now.

Archaeologist - I would make this profession Avian (if you stick with the race specific professions). They're the ones with the whole ancient vibe.
    Arborist - Really should be a Floran, IMO.

I would suggest a Floran seed seller and A weaver (to sell cloth/fiber).

Also I really want to see more Avali, Peglaci, Novakid professions/spawners. I adore my Avali guards!

20. Mackinz

It's actually very annoying to make merchants with inventories that vary depending on race. I've not figured it out yet, and have to make spawners which only spawn a certain race with a certain merchant type (see: all the Chefs and Sous Chefs). As for similar merchants, that I'll look into.

Actually, when you take into account merchant variants, it's not too bad of a ratio. Certain races are underdeveloped (like Avians and Humans), but they'll get more merchants as time goes on.

Kay.
    The main thing about the Floran is that they break the "one with nature" stereotype that plant creatures tend to have. They focus on ssstabbing, not farming. Hylotl, however, are specifically tied to the peaceful vegetarian vibe, which is why those are Hylotl positions.

Kay.

I would, but I've not the faintest clue what they would sell... If someone wants to make some Avali/Peglaci/Novakid merchants for a BetterMerchants Plug-in, they can go right ahead. There's a reason why the bottom left button of the Signal Station UI is an outlet.