1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated BetterMerchants 0.09a (Enraged Koala)

Improving your shopping experience, one shop at a time.

1. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

WANNA BET?

*loses*

ECC likes this.
  2. ECC

ECC Big Damn Hero

http://imgur.com/a/XDt4p#0
    Posted them ALL again so you cant lose them. TRY IT AGAIN BOI AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS!
    (also contains the new frequency cards)

Mackinz likes this.
  3. Mackinz

You suck at making me keep stuff! :<

ECC likes this.
  4. ECC

ECC Big Damn Hero

http://imgur.com/a/XDt4p#0
    New images in this.
    I think you'll like where it's going. Still needs tweaks but... doable.

Also, hadn't realized that these stalls were player selling items for gold. I thought it was the other way around. I'd have done another design if I realized this.
    [​IMG]

5. Mackinz

Still plenty of time to spitball and think up a design for that. ;D

6. ECC

ECC Big Damn Hero

7. Mackinz

Idungeddit.

8. ECC

ECC Big Damn Hero

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    1. Energy beams in
    2. Energy condenses
    3. Energy takes form
      • Spawn random 'item particle' from list. Code required for this effect. Particle is fixed on center node
    4. Cooldown
    I can add an extra frame for a 'completely cooled' state. You can just alias or whatever the frame to play longer then usual.

9. Goenitz

Goenitz Void-Bound Voyager

i have problem with the airshipquadmaste(?) when i want to spawn him the game lags and the display dont appears

10. Mackinz

I am aware of this, thank you. I deemed it not important enough for a minor release, so it will be a part of Version 0.09, when I release it.

11. Mackinz

Okay... now what should I use it for? You already talked about how this idea wasn't too fitting after you figured out what the crates are for.

12. ECC

ECC Big Damn Hero

Well idk. I assume you could use these as an offshoot of the black market. Having technological automated stalls(glitch without the glitch :rofl:) to sell items when we dont want to use mobs(which eat more resources then objects usually)

If you use it it'll boil down mostly to an aesthetic choice. Do I want a hylotl running around my base selling me things and potentially letting a monster in or do I want a stationary item transfer device I don't have to maintain in any way.

I'll consider doing a mockup of the crates again. Now that I realize it makes pixels, not items... it should be doable.

also worth noting is that you should turn the crates into a refinery type item instead. Less sifting though purchase entries and more just dumping and going.

Mackinz likes this.
  13. Mackinz

I know, I know... one step at a time. I finally tested all the changes I've made so far after almost a week of no time. It'll be done eventually.

ECC likes this.
  14. ECC

ECC Big Damn Hero

pfft, casual, not taking the stairs 3 steps at a time.

15. Mackinz

There is going to be an update released as soon as I get home (in seven hours). I hope you guys will enjoy it! :D

16. Requiemfang

Requiemfang Ketchup Robot

Hmm noticing there's not much for custom race compatibility? Do I add the race to the races file in order to get it to work?

17. Mackinz

Could you please explain what you mean? Are you trying to edit a merchant or something?

Wait, I recall seeing a player.config merge file in some race mods that adds the race to player.config. If BetterMerchants is not working on a custom race, it may be due to lacking that as BM requires player.config to function.

18. Requiemfang

Requiemfang Ketchup Robot

Possibly... regardless I ain't seeing this mods items on custom races, like Avali.

19. Mackinz

That's weird.

I have Avali installed, so I'll check it out when I get home. It may be another mod, but I did not get far with my last Avali so I have to check.

20. Mackinz

Testing process:

1. Create small personal mod that places recipes for 10k Pixels, Metalwork Station, and Starmap Upgrade MK2 on plain crafting window.
    2. Create Avali test character.
    3. Load up Avali test character and open plain crafting window.
    4. Craft Signal Station.

[​IMG]

It's not a problem with Avali. You can access the Signal Station even five minutes after making a character if you have access to a Metalwork Station and 500 Pixels. From there, you need another 100 for a Blank Display to make a BM Goon Spawner, who sells more spawner recipes as "Signal Interpreters".

Though the icons have changed for the update, the flow is mostly the same as before.

I'd check your other mods and see if any of them completely overwrite the player.config file. If they do, then they break a lot of mods, espcially BetterMerchants.