1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Better weapon infos (DPS, tier, ...) [Cheerful Giraffe] [Glad Giraffe] 1.1

Shows DPS, level and description of weapons

1. Surfeur18

Surfeur18 Void-Bound Voyager

Surfeur18 submitted a new mod:

Better weapon infos [Glad Giraffe] - Shows DPS, level and description of weapons

Read more about this mod...

2. Surfeur18

3. Shadow Wolf TJC

Shadow Wolf TJC Spaceman Spiff

Hey there.

I've taken a quick look at this mod, and I think that it has promise to evolve further.

4. Surfeur18

Thank you :)
    Of course i'm open to any idea/suggestion from the community to further improve the mod.

5. Deszip

Deszip Void-Bound Voyager

I thank you for your work on making this mod but i have a small complaint. I would like for you to look over the math. Just hear me out. in the pictures it says that, 36.8 * 1.2 = 43.1 DPS. that is not true 36.8 * 1.2 = 44.16 DPS though you were close I'm wondering if something happened to make the math go off. same with the shotgun 26.8 * 1.5 = 40.4 is also not right. the correct answer is 40.2 which is most definitely a smaller difference and doesn't mean as much but I'm just pointing out that small flaw. I do really appreciate this mod though I needed the ability to quickly sort my weapons without having to whip out the calculator. I just want to give you some constructive criticism. Hope this helps and doesn't just sound really mean. keep up the good work and have a good day.

6. Shadow Wolf TJC

Shadow Wolf TJC Spaceman Spiff

Keep in mind that Starbound tries to make approximate estimates for its stats when displaying them for player use. What you see in a weapon's stats may be slightly higher or lower than they really are. In fact, the damage-per-second stat that Starbound displays is probably more accurate than if you tried to calculate it yourself using the the damage-per-shot and rate-of-fire stats that are displayed.

7. Deszip

Deszip Void-Bound Voyager

Interesting. that's good to know actually thanks for the mod and hard work. sorry if i came off as rude. i just wanted to make sure it was as accurate as it could be. thanks again!

8. Surfeur18

Thank you a lot for your feedback, i really apreciate it.
    For the calculation problem, as shadow wolf said, all the values are estimates.
    I actually don't perform the calculation, i modified the interface so it would show the hidden stats of weapons (DPS, tier...) which the vanilla game doesn't display (why?).
    It still gives you a strong comparison basis.

9. Link2411

Link2411 Void-Bound Voyager

There's a bug where the description of the item overlaps with the DPS or Damage. I don't really know if it's just me. I'm using GG if that helps

10. neuroganic

neuroganic Space Hobo

I can't seem to get this working on my Mac. Does it not work with version 1.1.1 ?

It shows up in the Mods list but nothing on the weapons in game.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
  11. Radje

Radje Void-Bound Voyager

How to get this working on 1.2? I can't do it without the Tier indication...

Edit. After a couple of restarts it just started working all of a sudden. Nice.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
  12. grheavy

grheavy Big Damn Hero

Cool! I'm going to try it now.
    btw, will it be at workshop?

Edit: Nope, I don't know how to get it working.
    Is there something more to do apart from putting the mod in the ./giraffe_storage/mods/ folder?

Last edited: Dec 24, 2016
  13. Chuckles34

Chuckles34 Void-Bound Voyager

Is this broken
    using version Starbound 1.2.1 (steam)
    download the zip and put Cheerful Giraffe copy in \Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\mods ... doesn't work
    put it in \Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\giraffe_storage\mods .. doesn't work

rename to BetterWeaponInfo.pak to match forum instructions, put it in \Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\mods ... Starbound crashes on load

ShadowStarDragon likes this.