REQUEST Better tractor mod

Discussion in 'Mods' started by quanc22, Feb 24, 2018.

1. quanc22

quanc22 Void-Bound Voyager

My apologies if this has been requested elsewhere

I found this old Tractor mod : https://github.com/lambui/StardewValleyMod_TractorMod

This one is very interesting, especially the Mouse-Activating Mode, it saved my time a lots. Can you guy make this Mouse-Activating Mode costs stamina like normal and the stamina cost depend on what level of the tool is ? And the stamina cost can change in config.json ?

Ex : If I use with normal Hoe, the Mouse-Activating Mode will cost 10 stamina each time I click right mouse or I use with Iridium Hoe, the Mouse-Activating Mode will cost 2 stamina each time I click right mouse. And I can change the stamina in config.json

Thanks, cuz I want to save time from watering each plants or digging dirt or chopping down trees or smashing rocks but still cost stamina like reality. Sorry for my bad English

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Hi @quanc22. That version is no longer maintained; see Tractor Mod on Nexus (source code) for the latest version. Recent versions removed mouse-activated mode and require you to buy the tractor from Robin at a high cost (configurable). There's no stamina cost for using the tractor, but I've been considering an optional fuel mechanic.

• quanc22

quanc22 Void-Bound Voyager

@Pathoschild thanks for telling me, do u recommend any mod like the mouse-activated mode ? I really enjoy it

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

You can summon the tractor to you instantly, and it has an optional mode where you hold a button to use the current tool while on the tractor. Otherwise I don't know of another mod that does that.

• ManaUser

ManaUser Cosmic Narwhal

You know, on a sort of related note. What I really like about the tractor is that it's a powerful tool, but doesn't feel like I'm getting a freebie. (Optionally) requiring fuel would certainly be in keeping with that. But there's one other thing you do get for free: water. Would it be possible to make it consume water from the watering can when it waters? Or if it had a separate water supply that would be great too, but I assume harder to do.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

(The main Tractor Mod thread is the best place for suggestions.)

@ManaUser The mod explicitly prevents the watering can from emptying, so it'd be easy to make that optional. Your water would run out rather quickly though, since you're spraying repeatedly over a large area. A separate water supply would work better, and could pair well with the fuel mechanic. I added a ticket to look into that for a future version.

ManaUser likes this.