RELEASED Better Plank Cabins

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Regeta, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Regeta

Regeta Void-Bound Voyager

A cabin version of a recoloring of the vanilla house.

I do not claim any credit for this work. All credit goes to the creator of Stardew Valley and only the creator of Stardew Valley (ConcernedApe) who drew the Vanilla House - which this is a cabin form of.

If you see any mod similar to this one, please remember that all credit should be going to ConcernedApe, creator of Stardew Valley. Anyone who tries to change the color of vanilla assets should not be fraudulently claiming it is their original work. Beware people who try to steal credit from ConcernedApe's artwork!

Enjoy!

Plank Cabin.png
    Tier 2 for all _ Plank Cabin.png

[Files have been removed by a moderator]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2019
      Baaahumburgler and leilacrystal like this.
    • Regeta

Cleaned up a few pixels in the Tier3 house I missed.

• Balentay

Balentay Void-Bound Voyager

You could at least link the mod "recoloring" you based this off of. Also I saw your other threads on this mod and I thought it was very rude of you to call the user's plants ugly when you took from their work and removed some of it.

• Regeta

This is based off the vanilla artwork
          , and all the artwork is from the vanilla game - nothing is from the link you gave. The link you just gave is a near 1:1 pixel copy of the vanilla artwork from ConcernedApe, but with a change in color and a very ugly plant & window added - none of which is used in my cabins. See Evidence at bottom.

I do not take kindly to users like you trying to link to a fraudulent user who is trying to steal credit from ConcernedApe.

The link you gave has a few insignificant original parts, none of which are in my cabins. So there is nothing from that link that is in my cabins. All the artwork is from the vanilla stardew valley artwork. Every pixel is vanilla.

There is no reason to link because that modder simply recolored the Stardew Valley developer's artwork & falsely claimed it as his own, then flipped out on me after I thanked him for it and DID properly credit & link on nexus. TVisland is a fraud & a very vicious thief of ConcernedApe's artwork. Plus I don't care if you think it's rude, the plant is very ugly and poorly drawn. That is why I wouldn't borrow anything from that mod - it's bad. The vanilla artwork is good though. None of tvisland's original artwork is good looking, so none of it is part of my edit of ConcernApe's art to form cabins.

I don't claim this to be my original work, as it's clearly the work of ConcernedApe who made Stardew Valley and the original artwork. The modder who you linked however is someone who is trying to steal credit from ConcernedApe and is vicious about it to the point of claiming it as 100% his own original work and anyone who does exactly what he did to ConcernedApe (more so with my cabins) is a bad guy - which is incredibly hypocritical and ironic since he is a fraud. If my art isn't an original work, neither is his, as both are just recolorings of the original vanilla assets. If his art is an original work due to enough changes to be considered so, then mine is as well (even more so, as mine isn't a recoloring of the vanilla house, but is actually taking the vanilla house recolor and making it into a CABIN, which is a much much different work. The size alone is an enormous difference).

Either way, I give all proper credit to Stardew Valley's creator who drew the vanilla house. This is what that linked modder SHOULD have done rather than claim it as his own original work (it is not. adding a window to the vanilla house and then claiming it is your original work and not a slight change of the vanilla house drawn by ConcernedApe is disingenuous and fraudulent).

So either way, you're the one being rude, not me. Stop the childish drama and just enjoy this mod. That is the entire purpose - to ENJOY Stardew Valley.

And enjoy my transforming of the vanilla house created by ConcernedApe (all credit to him) into Cabin form.

Evidence: Attached images removed by a moderator.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2019
          • I really like this artwork. Will use this and the house together in my game. Thank you all.