1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Better management of gamepads

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Linio, Oct 16, 2014.

1. Linio

Linio Big Damn Hero

Hi,
    Let's face it, the controls management is really broken in this game. If i have 4 different gamepads, it is impossible to configure them, i just can do the one. I don't know why it is done like that, but pleaaase, the local coop is one of the great aspect of this game, this should be changed so that you can plug as many gamepads as you need and play with 4 people on the screen.
    What do you think?

• Active Link

Active Link Master Astronaut

You should be able to use 4 game pads in local co-op, but you will be restricted to using the same layout on each. If you're having problems it's probably a bug that needs to be reported.

• Linio

Linio Big Damn Hero

The "same" layout can't apply to different controllers. You must have the exact same 4 controllers for this to work, otherwise you wind up with all the button being mapped by button number which is not always the same depending on the controllers.