1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Better Barren - Elysium Worlds 1.2

Makes those barren planets nicer for setting your home up in

1. BlueLeafeon

BlueLeafeon Cosmic Narwhal

I feel sad that you removed the "Cold never bothered me anyway" line.

Also, for Earth-mockups:
    "This world is already build upon"
    Should be built, I believe.

Is there any way you can make these planets spawn in places OTHER than gentle stars? With the way Starbound generates stars these days, there's massive areas where absolutely no gentle stars can be found, and it's kind of annoying if the area I started in doesn't have any of the specific type of planet I'm looking for. :(

Thank you for this mod, by the way! I always disliked how meh barren worlds were.

Also:
    [​IMG]

...No kidding. :rofl:

Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
    Crusism likes this.
  2. Crusism

Crusism Big Damn Hero

Hmm... Are the Elysium Worlds still getting updates? To be expanded and innovated with new planets and features, I mean.

Or are things currently on hold?

Though, being in places beyond gentle stars might clutter the galaxy with em' if random generation has it as so?

3. Amber Talamasca

Amber Talamasca Pangalactic Porcupine

ok, here's a bunch of responses:
    There will be more updates, but RL has been a bit hectic and I've had some other stuff on my mind. I can't promise speed, i will promise updates ;)
    The earth worlds are known to be glitched, but due to popular demand, and being able to build on bigger heights i opted to throw them in anyway. I'm still not much further with the parallax issue, but that is still part of my plans. It should only glitch on the earth planets btw. If you don't intend to use them, or prefer to wait on a proper version, just don't land on them and they will not generate to include the glitch.
    The spellings errors i'll remove, and i thought i left "the cold never bothered me anyway", but in a slightly better context. I'll doublecheck that ;) keep in mind that there are 3 texts per planet, so you might just have encountered a different text?
    as for different tiers, sure that can be done, but i need to balance it a bit. i want the planets to not overshadow all the other types, yet be easy enough to find. as each planet type has 3 tiers of chance of spawning per star, its a bit of a bothersome job. Not particularly hard, but a lot of work and testing needed.

Pukitaki and Crusism like this.
  4. Kittykins

Kittykins Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yeah, this is a potential problem. You generally only need to find one such world; and once you've started building on it, any additional ones that you find will be pretty-much unwanted. I vote for them being (relatively) rare, because you generally dont need more than just one in a normal game (not even on a server; people will want to play together on one or two planets at most; if they didnt want to play together with other people, they would be playing multiplayer). It's an unusual resource, your barren planets. You really want one, but once you have it, you go "Okay you can stop generating now."

I think it's nice that they appear just around gentle stars. These barren planets come with a fittingly low threat levels, they are not dangerous and it makes sense for them to be around gentle stars. In addition to that, gentle stars become obsoleted the quickest, which means that the players can look for your barrent planets if they want to; but if they already have one, then the extras will be mostly out of the way for the advanced players.

Pukitaki likes this.
  5. L. F. Oxidizer

L. F. Oxidizer Pangalactic Porcupine

Can you post screenshots of the planets in the nav menu and in their surface?

6. amirmiked12

amirmiked12 Parsec Taste Tester

does it work on 1.3 update?

7. Passerby

Passerby Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Kind of. As I hear it, if you have bookmarks to existing Elysium worlds then those will work, but you can't find new ones because resources got junked up in the 1.3 update. What I know for certain is that they don't show up on world listing, and what I've heard is that they can still appear in systems but freeze if you try to enter their orbit. Too bad I don't have my old universe from 1.2, guess I'll have to wait on this one. Gonna be a hard wait, this has been my favorite mod on every character so far. But from the steam discussion, Amber's hard at work so it's just a matter of time I guess.

8. KTrinsic

KTrinsic Big Damn Hero

I've made a partial fix for 1.3 here. There are still no graphics for the elysium worlds, but they will no longer freeze the navigation interface and, most importantly, they will display on the system overview when scanning unvisited systems.

replace the text in /interface/cockpit/cockpit.config.patch with:

[
    {
    "op":"add",
    "path":"/visitableTypeDescription/elysium",
    "value":
    [
    "This ^magenta;elysium^reset; is perfect to build upon.",
    "A budding ^magenta;elysium^reset; your world ripe for the taking.",
    "It's an empty ^magenta;elysium^reset; world, but quite tempting."
    ]
    },
    {
    "path":"/planetTypeNames/elysium",
    "value": "Elysium"
    },
    {
    "path":"/planetTypeColors/elysium",
    "value": [0, 200, 0]
    },
    {
    "path":"/visitableTypeDescription/elysiumsnow",
    "value":
    [
    "A vast, cold, empty ^magenta;elysium^reset; world.",
    "Pretty snow everywhere on this ^magenta;elysium^reset; world. Do you want to build a snowman?",
    "A very cold ^magenta;elysium^reset; world, but that doesn't bother you, does it?"
    ]
    },
    {
    "path":"/planetTypeNames/elysiumsnow",
    "value": "Snowy Elysium"
    },
    {
    "path":"/planetTypeColors/elysiumsnow",
    "value": [255, 255, 255]
    },
    {
    "path":"/visitableTypeDescription/elysiummidnight",
    "value":
    [
    "Deep into the darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering fearing. An ^magenta;elysium^reset; world plunged into eternal darkness.",
    "An ^magenta;elysium^reset; world where silence and darkness reign.",
    "This ^magenta;elysium^reset; world is the perfect place to hide in shadows. Not that a respectable person like yourself would need to hide of course."
    ]
    },
    {
    "path":"/planetTypeNames/elysiummidnight",
    "value": "Midnight Elysium"
    },
    {
    "path":"/planetTypeColors/elysiummidnight",
    "value": [150, 150, 150]
    },
    {
    "path":"/visitableTypeDescription/elysiumearth",
    "value":
    [
    "The habitants of this ^magenta;elysium^reset; world seem eternally out of reach.",
    "An ^magenta;elysium^reset; world bustling with activity in the background",
    "This ^magenta;elysium^reset; world is already build on. Yet always out of reach"
    ]
    },
    {
    "path":"/planetTypeNames/elysiumearth",
    "value": "City Elysium"
    },
    {
    "path":"/planetTypeColors/elysiumearth",
    "value": [120, 20, 70]
    },
    {
    "path":"/visitableTypeDescription/elysiumscorchedcity",
    "value":
    [
    "Something terrible happened at this ^magenta;elysium^reset; world. It has since been abandoned.",
    "Noone knows what happened to this ^magenta;elysium^reset; world.",
    "Where did all the people of this ^magenta;elysium^reset; world go, and maybe more important, why did they leave?"
    ]
    },
    {
    "path":"/planetTypeNames/elysiumscorchedcity",
    "value": "Scorched City Elysium"
    },
    {
    "path":"/planetTypeColors/elysiumscorchedcity",
    "value": [200, 150, 150]
    },
    {
    "path":"/visitableTypeDescription/elysiumocean",
    "value":
    [
    "A very very very wet ^magenta;elysium^reset; world.",
    "It's not smart to visit this ^magenta;elysium^reset; world if you can't swim",
    "Water, waves, currents, depths, wetness, This ^magenta;elysium^reset; world has it all"
    ]
    },
    {
    "path":"/planetTypeNames/elysiumocean",
    "value": "Ocean Elysium"
    },
    {
    "path":"/planetTypeColors/elysiumocean",
    "value": [0, 0, 255]
    },
    {
    "path":"/visitableTypeDescription/elysiumvolcanic",
    "value":
    [
    "You're gonna want to bring burn paste on this ^magenta;elysium^reset; world",
    "Warning: The ^orange;orange lakes^reset; on this ^magenta;elysium^reset; world are not for swimming.",
    "The lava has so far killed of any life at this ^magenta;elysium^reset; world. Do you feel lucky punk?"
    ]
    },
    {
    "path":"/planetTypeNames/elysiumvolcanic",
    "value": "Volcanic Elysium"
    },
    {
    "path":"/planetTypeColors/elysiumvolcanic",
    "value": [150, 0, 0]
    }
    ]

9. amirmiked12

Can u upload the file ?
    If forum doesn't let you upload change the format to txt
    Thanks

10. KTrinsic

KTrinsic Big Damn Hero

Yes, here it is, had to change the file type.

Attached Files:

11. amirmiked12

hi
    please update the mod
    just like you did in steam workshop

12. Squelch

Squelch Void-Bound Voyager

So, will gentle rain and other such non-intrusive weather be implemented?

13. G00ps

G00ps Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Anyone know if this still works, and, if so, how to make it work?

14. KateisLost

KateisLost Cosmic Narwhal

I use the Steam workshop version and it works fine for me

15. Pukitaki

Pukitaki Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I won't deal with Steam Workshop, too many problems, too hard to isolate compatibility issues, and I hate having to play in online mode. If you could keep the forum version updated, or hand it off to someone else to do, that'd be great.

16. JelliBelli

JelliBelli Yeah, You!

I've had this mod installed for a few days. I started a new character and started exploring the gentle stars trying to find one of these new worlds. After looking at at least 50 diffrent gentle star solar systems I haven't found any of the new planets. The mod menu says its installed and working, but I haven't found any Elysium worlds.
    Is there something wrong on my end? (I play on version 1.3.4)

17. Passerby

Passerby Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I know for awhile after the 1.3 update this mod had some issues with the planets not loading correctly in the spaceview even though they were present, they were just invisible. What I can say is that I have it working on 1.4. It kind of all comes down to luck. Make sure to scroll a good distance away if you're having trouble and check all the gentle stars you can, the planet icon for them has a big pink E over the planet so that's how you'll know if you found one. If you keep having issues, then make sure the mod is updated through this site and also through steam. I think steam gets more updates but I could've sworn this version of the mod was fully updated. Either way I can say for sure one of the two is updated and will work on 1.4, and should also work on 1.3.

JelliBelli likes this.